OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
We are currently accepting applications for our Film Spring Workshop. Sign in and join the biggest event of filmmaking in Europe!
Our workshop, a 10-day international, interdisciplinary film training, will take place in Krakow, Poland, 17-26 October 2018.
Building on proven educational strategy of learning by doing, the newest film equipment and a highly experienced expert team that have been the cornerstone of our success for 13 years, our Film Spring Workshop is perfect for filmmakers wishing to experiment and improve their visual storytelling ability, try new formats and learn new technologies.
The Programme of the workshop
Each year we develop carefully an innovative programme which reflects our hands-on approach to teaching and venturing into the future of AV industry.
With the support of mentors you can develop your film projects using the latest technology in a specialized group of your choice: VR & AR, interactive narration, script writing, animation, feature film previses, new production model, CGI and modern editing, commercials, music videos, documentaries, Selfie TV, keeping control in extreme filming conditions, web filmmakers and videobloggers group.
In 2017, we provided our participants with 2,2 million Euro of equipment delivered by the: Arri, Barco, Blackmagic, JBD, HP, Canon, Eizo, Sony, Panasonic and 37 others.
You will have at your disposal a unique mobile film studio built by our Foundation – Cinebus aimed at lowering film production costs and allowing more films to be made by emerging artists. During the workshop we will also introduce the new production model which takes into account the technological advancements and possible or even necessary changes in the way films can be produced nowadays.
The workshop also features:
- lectures and workshops from award-winning top professionals, including Oscar winners such as previous editions’ lecturers: Natalie Portman, Juliette Binoche, Neil Corbould, Mia Bays, Zbigniew Rybczyński, Allan Starski, Ewa Puszczyńska,
- screenings of the selected, awarded films,
- discussions with their makers,
- one-to-one tutorials,
- learning and testing of new technologies.
You will have at your disposal a film equipment warehouse, a lighting warehouse, an editing room with high-tech workstations, a screening room. There is a limited number of accommodation at the venue. Food will be also available.
Thanks to the various insitutional funding, including Creative Europe support, there is only about 80 Euro (350 PLN) participation fee. Food, accommodation and travel costs are not covered by the fee.
Our workshop is open to representatives of all professions from the industry from across the globe: directors, cinematographers, actors, writers, editors, specialists in digital effects and post-production, programmers, animators, graphic designers, game developers, producers, composers, musicians, artists, sound engineers, body painting specialists, MUA, YouTubers. We welcome young debutants, film and art students and graduates, young entrepreneurs as well as experienced professionals working in the audio-visual sector. The workshop is suitable for teams wanting to work on their films or individuals wanting to find collaborators for their projects.
Our workshop is known for its proven educational formula of learning through working, surprising experimental quality of work produced by the participants during the 10 intensive days of training and an amazing community it generates.
Join our Filmspringers family to learn, work and network within the international community of filmmakers who gather each year in one place to advance their practical skills as well as theoretical knowledge.
More about the workshop and programme here.
To register for Film Spring Open please fulfill the online application here.
Call for applications closes on the 5th of October.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!