REGULATIONS OF FILM SPRING OPEN WORKSHOP 2023
I. Film Spring Open Workshop for filmmakers.
- Film Spring Open Workshop (herein referred to as FSO) is organized by Film Spring Open Foundation (herein referred to as „Organizer”).
- For 18 years already the Film Spring Open Workshop (“FSO”) has provided interdisciplinary and interactive workshops focused on the future of the audiovisual industry. In times of dynamic technological changes the aim is to provide the necessary continuous training and improve acquired artistic and technical skills among students and graduates of film schools as well as professionals and emerging talented filmmakers.
- Film Spring Open Workshop is open to all individuals that represent one of the professions needed in film production (i.e. producers, directors, cinematographers, set designers, script writers, actors, composers, sound artists, editors, VFX, SFX, as well as programmers and authors of new AV forms).
- Film Spring Open Workshop program includes:
- Discussion panels about the future-oriented new sustainable model of film production,
- Lectures about new possibilities to finance films in Europe,
- Workshops on new technologies including presentations and tests of newest tools for production and postproduction,
- Cooperation of creative groups searching for a new format of a film show (creative groups of i.e. producers, directors, cinematographers, set designers, script writers, actors, composers, sound artists, editors, VFX, SFX, as well as programmers),
- Workshops on digital postproduction including presentations and lectures,
- Meeting with outstanding filmmakers,
- Presentations of newest tools used on the set.
- During Film Spring Open Workshop, participants will have the possibility to learn theory and consult their future projects.
- Film Spring Open Workshop is performed by experienced team of professionals in audiovisual industry.
- The registration fee will be returned to those persons who resign from the participation in the Film Spring Open Workshop by informing the organizers in writing no later than 2 weeks before the day of the start of Film Spring Open Workshop. The Foundation will deduce 10% of administrative fees from the returned fee.
1. The participation in FSO is paid 400PLN. Payment is made through the iMoje online service after the confirmation sent by the Organisers by e-mail. The information about acceptance of application will be sent to the e-mail address provided in the application.
2. Film Spring Open Workshop is planned for approximately 300 adult participants related to the film industry (students and graduates of film and theatre schools and film professionals).
3. The main requirement for participation in FSO is to register online through the link
4. The registration is open for both individual filmmakers and dedicated groups. Organised groups are requested to send additional information by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Organiser will confirm the registration within 7 days after the closure of the registration.
6.Accommodation can be booked by contacting the participants with the Hotel Forest in Krakow. Only participants who pay the registration fee will be able to book accommodation.
7. Final confirmation is made after the payment is made.
8. The registration fee will be returned to those persons who resign from the participation in the Film Spring Open Workshop by informing the organizers in writing no later than 2 weeks before the day of the start of FSO. The Foundation will deduce 10% of administrative fees from the returned fee.
III. Film Spring Open Workshop
- FSO will take place between 10-19 of October 2023 on the Internet at www.filmspringopen.eu and through links to individual events.
- FSO schedule (detailed program) will be available on the website filmspringopen.eu just before the start of the FSO.
Rights and Obligations of Participants and Organizers
- Organizers will provide mentorship to Participants who qualify to dedicated groups.
- Organizer has the right to change the date of FSO and its program, which will be announced on the website.
- Participants are obliged to follow the national rules and restrictions related to epidemic situation in the country of their stay and where they will carry out their projects.
- Organizer reserves the right to change or alter the program of the event, also in the performance of workshops, as a result of epidemic situation at any given time.
- Participants are liable for losses caused by their negligence.
- Organizer does not provide insurance for participants and does not bear any kind of liability for this.
- Organizer forbids shooting scenes that are in conflict with the law or dangerous for the Participants or third parties.
- The workshop organizer does not produce Participants projects.
- Participants are obliged to obey safety rules on the shooting plan. In this respect Organizer has the right to interfere in activities that are dangerous for participant’s health, in particular to prohibit or demand from participants to refrain from similar actions.
- The copyright for the projects created during the workshop stays with the Participants with the exception of the group “Help!!! How do I make my film? PSC – ATM Cinematography Group” where participants and group tutor prepare the vision and cinematography rehearsals (ideas, moodboards, storyboards, example scenes for the film to be made). In the case of the above-mentioned group, the copyright for the ideas and projects remains with the group mentor, regardless of who proposed or realised them.
- Participants grant to Organizer a non-exclusive, free of charge, unlimited in terms of territory license for the use of audiovisual materials made during FSO for promotion of current or future activities of the Organizer in the following fields of exploitation:
-uploading to websites and distribution on the Internet,
-broadcasting on television and other events organized by Organizer,
-copying and sending whole materials or parts thereof to an unlimited number of users,
-using whole materials or parts thereof for the purpose of promotional activities of next editions of the FSO and other activities of the Organizer.
-uploading the materials in the archives on the www.filmspringopen.eu website accessible to all registered users.
- FSO participants are obliged to read and follow these regulations. The participants accept the regulations by accepting Terms and Conditions during the online registration to FSO.
- Participants violating these regulations will be asked to leave FSO.