The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
We start on 19th of October in Przegorzaly University Campus in Krakow. We are constantly growing! This year we are supported by 40 technological partners and we have received the biggest number of applications ever!
New Production Model will be a number 1 topic during this edition. This subject is with us for the last 3 years and during this time we have managed to create Cinebus – a tool of New Production Model.
We are focused on future of the industry that’s why we will start with the screening of „Gravity”. An Oscar winner VFX specialist, Neil Courbuld who worked on this film will join us this year! Dorota Kędzierzawska and Artur Reinhard will show and talk about the technique of realization of the action scenes from the movie “Speedway”, and Jakub Jakubczyk will present the Elit head, which allowed making these scenes. During other lectures, Stanisław Mąderek and Marcin Randall Nowakowski will prove that visually complex action scenes can also be made in a low budget productions.
We will present the award-winning and highly rated films that have premiered at the Gdynia Film Festival: “Silent Night”/Cicha Noc, “The Tower. A bright day “/Wieża. Jasny dzień,” The Man with a magic box “/Człowiek z magicznym pudełkiem. These films’ directors: Jagoda Szelc, Piotr Domalewski, Bodo Kox will tell us about production of their films. The actor Dawid Ogrodnik, awarded at Gdynia Film Festival for the best male role, will be also our guest and besides “Silent Night”, we will also show the awarded film “The Last Family” in which he also starred. It is worth mentioning that the scriptwriter of “The Last Family” Robert Bolesto, will lead our Script Group. He will lead this group along with Krzysztof Rak. We will show the documentary film “Brothers” and Wojciech Staroń, the director of the film will consult participants’ ideas for documentary films together with Bogdan Dziworski. We will also host Marcin Koszałka, who will lead the lecture about cinema as an auto-therapy and will show his films: “To the pain” and “Declaration of immortality”.
The list of this year’s lecturers includes: Program Director of TVN television Edward Miszczak (Emotions in TV Series), Christian Möller and Konrad Ziaja (VR technology), Internet creators, Konrad Kruczkowski, Kuba Górnicki and Daniel Rusin, scriptwriter Krzysztof Rak, director Marcin Ziębiński (commercials), audio-visual systems specialist Piotr Ługowski. Cinematographer Sławomir Idziak will present the New Model of Production during the Symposium.
21st-22nd October will take place a Symposium devoted to the New Model Production subject, and the support of the event has been confirmed by: Canon, HP, CamSat, Gmotion, UAV Robotic, Akurat Lighting, Samsung, Movie Bird, GLC, Creative Tools, Beiks, MBS Sp. z o.o. , BlackMagic, Digital Republic, Adicam, DJI.
On the occasion, there will be presentations of modern equipment manufactured in Poland. Some of these tools will also be available to our participants (MovieBird 17, Elit head constructed by Jakub Jakubczyk, drones, gimbals, Akurat led lightning, etc.)
Rapidly developing industry allows the production of scenes and films that were impossible to made not that long time ago. We keep our fingers on the pulse, pointing out areas, where quality and price revolution is taking place – as in the case of Motion Capture and Perception Neuron system, about which Jacob Ben will tell in his lecture.
Our partner and provider of the Cinema 4D program for all the computers available at the workshop is Maxon company, which invited to the Film Spring Open Matthias Zabiegly (Aixsponza) – an excellent animator (films for Red Bull).
The new ARRI Alexa SXT Wireless camera with the option of wireless image transfer will be premiered in Poland at Film Spring Open. Besides of ARRI, participants will be able to use cameras from: Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Black Magic, RED, Go Pro, Samsung phones and a lot of other equipment, and above all, two editor rooms (in Cinebus and editor room equipped with HP computers with Adobe software provided by Graficzne.pl company). Lux will provide set lightining and professional support. MBS Sp. z o.o. (Ltd) will provide professional sound systems from Schoeps, Azden and ZOOM.
Most of the participants choose to join our creative groups and make their films. This year, we invite you to participate in the following gropus: Script Group (Robert Bolesto, Krzysztof Rak, Marcin Lech), Symposium of the new production model (Slawomir Idziak), Previs Group (Jakub Ben), Commercial and Promo Film Group (Marcin Ziębiński, Jakub Marczyński), Game Jam – game developers and filmmakers (Maciej Miąsik, Jacek Strupiński), Interactive Narration Group (Florent Pallares, Adam Walkowski), Virtual Reality Group (Konrad Ziaja), Documentary Film Group (Bogdan Dziworski, Wojciech Staroń), CGI and Modern Editing Group (Jakub Sobek) , Music videos (Michał Pańszczyk), Internet Creators Group (Marcin Randall Nowakowski), Samsung Vloggers (Daniel Rusin), Off Master (Wiktor Obrok), Nature Film Group (Maciej Thiem, Tomasz Gładys), Keeping Control in Extreme Filming Conditions (Martn Demmer), Film Incubator (Andrzej Szypulski).
A great bonus to this year’s edition is Allegro competition, where participants can win scholarships, which gives them free stay on the workshop and possibility to make films referring to the series “What are you looking for” and “Polish Legends”.
The Summary of the program is also published on our website: https://filmspringopen.eu/en/open-air-programme/ We will also publish there our Daily Programme, so please stay tuned!
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!