The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
The Film Summer Masterclass in Goerlitz, a joint project on which we cooperated with Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF, the Film School in Lodz and the city of Goerlitz has just come to an end.
For 12 days German and Polish students from both film schools worked on their films using the Cinebus – a mobile film studio provided by our Foundation and parked in the old town of Goerlitz. About 20 students participated and the project was coordinated by Prof. Badel and Jens Becker from Film University Babelsberg, Prof. Zbigniew Wichłacz and Karol Włudarczyk from PWSFTviT in Lodz, and Prof. Slawomir Idziak representing our Foundation. Eight films were produced, including one animation. Students also made two trailers.
The cooperation resulted in a great event benefiting not only everyone involved but also the local community who participated in the screenings of films made by students, which were organized in the city square using an outdoor screen.
Our event attracted various media and our filming location was visited by the Mayor of Goerlitz and local authorities and journalists. We also had a great pleasure to meet German film director, actor, producer and screenwriter, Detlev Buck who visited our filming location and the Cinebus.
Cinebus is a mobile studio providing production and post-production services, which allows to produce a small-scale feature film from scratch to a final DCP. Students participating in the Summer Masterclass in Görlitz had a great opportunity to use its functionalities in practice.
“During summer workshop in Goerlitz Cinebus was used to make films according to the New Model of Production. Already at the pre-production stage, students tested various camera configurations and also determined the final style of their films using software and a DaVinci Resolve panel for colour-grading. Every day after the shooting, the material was transported to Cinebus and then transferred to a disk array, which protected it against possible data loss and allowed students to work on it on several editing stations. Parallel to the ongoing filming, film post-production took place, which significantly accelerated the process of creating projects and resulted in the making eight films in only 12 days of workshops”, says Mateusz Górski, an editor working on the Cinebus board.
“In the Cinebus, a fast network connection between computers made it possible to perform editing and color correction of the same material at the same time. In addition, the Cinebus’ tent was used as a mobile green screen studio and the keying and VFX work on the material took place immediately after the end of the shot thanks to fast file transfer and close proximity to the bus with workstations”, Mateusz adds.
The new model of film production and its tools such as Cinebus can be the answer to the ineffective and outdated film production system which has not adapted to the radical advancement of technology.
German and Polish students have learnt practical side of film production with a regard to efficiency, savings and green solutions. They also learnt about the New model of film production, which advocates main rules of modern industry such as risk control, flexible production, management and production (lean manufacturing) to be incorporated in the film production.
The Cinebus is self-sufficient; the project’s participants used its social annex equipped with a stove, a refrigerator, a coffee machine, as well as organic products and products purchased locally.
Anna-Paula Steiner, a student of Filmuniversität Babelsberg, talks about ther time in Görlitz:
“I think what I liked most was that the workshop gave me the possibility to work in an international team. Even though we spoke another language and had different types of workflows we managed to get along so well that I can imagine very well to work with them again. Also I liked that the time was limited and everybody told us to just go and shoot and make our movies”.
“It gave us so much freedom and spontaneity not having to worry about the costs of the equipment or big production problems. The Cinebus made it very easy to always get help on dramaturgical questions etc, because it was the central meeting point and someone was always there. Very interesting for my team was also working with the green screen”, Anna-Paula describes their work on the set with Cinebus.
The Film Summer Masterclass is a great example of international cooperation which may have a real impact on the lives of young filmmakers engaged in the project.
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!