Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
During the Film Spring Open 2019 workshop, the participants of the Music Video Group will have the chance to create a music clip for one of the artists working with Agora S.A.: the hip-hop duo Bisz/Radex. The group tutor is director Kobas Laksa, who in his work with musicians pays attention not only to the aural and visual character of the artists but also to the message, most often embedded in the song lyrics. Together with the enrolment to the Music Video Group, we are launching a contest addressed to young filmmakers. Come up with an idea for a music video and win one of the three scholarships funded by Agora S.A. to participate in the Film Spring Open 2019 workshops this October!
Kobas Laksa about this year’s contest: I encourage the participants to really dig into the lyrics of the song by Bisz/Radex, but also to discover what they have to say in their other works and interviews. The duo has more than ten years of experience on stage and a specific approach to life. What they sing about and the artistic form they choose are not coincidental. The content of the song may prove very helpful in creating a screenplay for the music video. My advice would be to avoid being too literal but at the same time not to be afraid of expressing clearly what the video is about. A good music clip should complement the musical layer, and not just illustrate it. The choice of the form may result from your sense of aesthetics and personal perspective, but if it is coherent with the artistic vision of the musicians, it can be all the more interesting for the potential audience.
Enter to win!
To enter our contest, create a script or a script with a storyboard based on your idea and lyrics. Next, send your application with a completed form at: email@example.com by 30 September 2019, 11:59 PM. Please put “Contest” in the subject of your message. The results will be announced by 5 October 2019 on the Film Spring Open website and social media accounts. Three winners will receive a scholarship worth PLN 1400 covering all participation costs for Film Spring Open 2019 (food, accommodation, entry fee). All participants may enter the contest more than once. See the official Contest Rules for further details.
Kobas Laksa – visual artist, director, photographer, author of films and music videos. A graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań and the Development LAB/ Studio Prób (directing) at Wajda School. He uses a variety of media: photography, photocollage, performance, animation, and film. In the 1990s, he co-founded the informal off-cinema (see “INDEPENDENT CINEMA IN POLAND 1989-2009”, RED. PIOTR MARECKI) making such films as Sceny z użycia/ User’s Note, Fikcyjne Pulpety/ Fictional Meatballs, Czy mógłbym się u pani wykąpać i przespać?/ Could I Wash and Sleep Over at Your Place, Pojechałem z mamą na pielgrzymkę/ I Went on a Pilgrimage with My Mom, Koło jest przyjemne/ Circle is Pleasure. He directs music videos for such artists as Młynarski-Masecki Jazz Band (song “Abdul Bey” – awarded with Fryderyk for the music video of 2017), Męskie Granie Orchestra („Elektryczny”/”Electric”) Abradab (“Rapowe ziarno”/ “Rap grain” – MTV award and Yach Audience award, „Rap to nie zabawa już”/ “Rap it’s not fun anymore”) and others. The artist is also known as the author of photographs and photo collages. His most popular projects are the Projekt miejski Warszawa /Urban Project Warsaw series, Rauchdelikt and Memento Vulgari. In 2008, he made a series of photomontages for the Polish pavilion at the Biennale in Venice. For the Afterlife of Buildings – Budynków życie po życiu the Polish Pavilion received the prestigious Golden Lion award. Director and screenwriter of the film „Okno z widokiem na ścianę”/ “A Window with a view on a wall” produced as the part of the Munk Studio’s 30 minute program and a scholarship winner of the Polish Film Institute’s screenplay program getting ready for a full-length debut.
Bisz/Radex – a hip-hop duo working together since 2016. Bisz (Jarosław Jaruszewski) is a rapper and producer known to a wider audience as a member of the group B.O.K. Radex (Radek Łukasiewicz) is the founder and leader of the musical ensemble Pustki, as well as lyricist collaborating with many artists such as Mela Koteluk, Artur Rojek and Piotr Zioła.
Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!