Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
This year we have a totally new course for you. We have entered into yet another field of creative industry and initiated a group that will both boost your creativity and provide you with a great means of promoting your work – a movie poster.
A film graphics group will work under the supervision of Prof. Maja Wolna, the author of this year’s Film Spring Workshop’s poster.
The group participants will work on large format boards prepared in the courtyard of the workshop venue, where they will design posters promoting their own or selected films. The projects will be consulted by Maja Wolna who will also lead all other activities within the group.
– The ability of logical, abstract thinking is essential in the process of working on audiovisual projects. The search for the connection between the image, content and form of the message, the story about the film itself and its plot is directly reflected in thinking about the symbol / poster / logo of the project – the artist says about the general idea of the course.
Professor Maja Wolna will be present during the entire Film Spring Workshop and will also support you when you will be designing titles, opening and closing credits of your film. Working with the group’s tutor will be based mainly on individual consultations and short exercises aimed at developing synthetic thinking.
– Creating based on developing the skills of synthetic, metaphorical thinking can influence in an inspiring and effective way the search for ideas in the field of audiovisual projects, as well as the very description of the plot of the film – for example when writing a director’s draft.
Such exercises can be implemented before the implementation of tasks within individual film groups or individual audiovisual projects – says Prof. Wolna.
Undoubtedly, the skill of symbolic thinking is of great importance for a filmmaker and it is needed at every stage of creative process, from writing a script, through building scenes or editing, not forgetting about colouring or making a soundtrack. And the ability to create a concise and witty description of your project, which is rooted in symbolic thinking, will be useful at an even earlier stage – when looking for a producer and financial resources to make your film.
Prof. Maja Wolna is a graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań (currently the University of Arts in Poznań), where she runs Graphic Design classes within Animation faculty and runs the Film Graphics Studio at the Animation Department of UAP. She also works at WSISiZ – WIT in Warsaw at the Faculty of Graphic Arts and at the College of Photography in Warsaw. Winner of various international competitions, participant of group and individual exhibitions in Poland and abroad. Maja Wolna creates posters, illustrations, collages, paintings and experiments with new means of artistic expression.
Film Spring Open 2018 Poster by Maja Wolna
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!