Join Film Music Group
We invite you to join Film Music Group which will be led by outstanding experts, journalist Miśka-Jackowska and composer Michał Woźniak. Classes will take place online at Google Meet platform. Practical work will take place thanks to our befriended rentals which will share film equipment to film crews accepted by the group tutor in Warsaw, Cracow and more. Participation is free of charge. Registration is obligatory.
For the very first time at Film Spring Open we invite you to work and talk together in an open group that will be focused on all activities related to use of music in an image. We encourage everyone who is planning to use original or existing scores in their projects, as well as composers. The group’s functioning is going to be based mainly on consultations and practical help in the selection of musical score in its application in a film. It will also serve as a meeting platform for directors, producers and composers. The impact of music on an image is tremendous and we have dedicated most of our professional lives to this concept – say Magda Miśka-Jackowska and Michał Woźniak, who will be the leaders of the group.
Magda is an expert, a teacher and a journalist; she has talked and written about film music for more than 15 years. Currently, she works as a consultant on various film projects and holds classes for students of musical composition. Michał Woźniak is an acclaimed composer, multi-instrumentalist and music producer with extensive experience in working on feature films (Manhunt, Mister T.), documentaries, animated films, short films, TV series and commercials. We invite you to join the group at every stage of production: from selecting or creating the music, to recording. We are happy to share our knowledge of how to deal with a very limited budget, where to look for music and how to use effectively it in a film. We’ll also try to help the participants in establishing contacts with music composers, and the vice versa: we’ll enable composers to reach film makers.
Magda Miśka-Jackowska – journalist, radio host, teacher, member of the RMF Classic radio team for 15 years. An acclaimed presenter. She belongs to the select group of professional music film journalists in Europe. Author of numerous radio programmes made for RMF Classic on the topics related to cinema and film music, including documentary series Mistrzowie drugiego planu (Masters of the background) about unknown film professions and Cały ten film (All about film), which showed different stages of film production from the idea to the premiere. Hostess of the film magazine Moje Kino (My cinema), for which in 2010 she received the award of the Polish Film Institute for the best radio or TV programme about film. She was the author and hostess of the only film music hit list on the Polish radio, presented weekly on RMF Classic. Magda Miśka-Jackowska has conducted hundreds of TV and radio interviews with the greatest personalities of the world of music, cinema and most importantly film music. Author of the two-disc compilation Złota kolekcja – Ale filmy! (Gold Collection – Film music) and of many articles and texts about the tenth muse. Her latest radio programme, a 12-episode series entitled Zagraj to jeszcze raz (Play it again), also available as a podcast, is a story about the phenomenon of film music. The programme features several dozens of composers including the greatest stars of the genre such as Ennio Morricone and Hans Zimmer, as well as film directors, instrumentalists, heads of music studios, songwriters, conductors, actors and dedicated fans of film music. She graduated from the Faculty of Radio and Television at the University of Silesia in Katowice. To this day she is associated with the Faculty of Fine Arts at the university, where she holds classes for students in film scoring. As a teacher, she is also associated with the Academy of Music in Łódź.
Michał Woźniak – composer, arranger, music producer, sound engineer and multi-instrumentalist. Founder and owner of the Brevis recording studio. Composer of highly valued and inventive musical soundtracks to films directed by Marcin Kryształowicz: Eucalyptus, Manhunt, All About My Parents, for which he was nominated for the MocArty RMF Classic award in the film music category and Mister T, for which he was nominated for the Polish Soundtrack of the Year at the Krakow Film Music Festival. Author of scores for numerous short films, documentaries and theatre plays. He collaborated on the production of film and television music recordings, including the TV series Czas Honoru (Days of Honor), Chichot losu (The Laughter of Fate), Misja: Afganistan (Mission: Afghanistan), Chyłka, and the feature film Mistrz (The Champion) scored by Bartosz Chajdecki. From 2005 to 2020 he worked for the RMF Group as, among others, producer for the RMF Classic radio. Author of music for songs, commercials, jingles and multimedia, recording producer for RMF FM of music by Edyta Górniak, Gromee, Urszula and Lady Punk. Violist, session and concert musician, member of the Galicja group. A graduate of the Academy of Music in Krakow. Two-time winner of the composition competition of the Estrada i Studio monthly magazine. Holder of the Jan Kanty Pawluśkiewicz and the Internationale Bachakademie Stuttgart scholarships.
Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!