Canon Documentary Films Group
We invite you to join Canon Documentary Films Group which this year will be led by exceptional filmmaker and traveler Eliza Kubarska.
A documentary film is a combination of art and unpredictable reality. It allows me to talk about matters that are important to me. I can show what is happening around me (or inside me) or go on a journey to the unknown. Production of a documentary is a multi-level adventure: choosing a story, relationship with the hero, financing, working with the camera and film crew, editing. In the Documentary Film Group, we will work on a film concept based on your projects and then shoot a selected scene with professional Canon equipment. – says Eliza Kubarska.
About Eliza Kubarska
A graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw (Faculty of Sculpture and Studio of Audiovisual Space led by Professor G. Kowalski) and of Wajda School in Warsaw. Scholarship holder of the Ministry of Culture and Art. Director of documentaries and video installations. She specialises in making films in extreme conditions, far from civilisation: from the cold Himalayas, Karakoram and Greenland to tropical regions of Asia. Her heroes are people caught up in complicated personal and social relationships. Eliza also creates activist films whose heroes are ethnic minorities and representatives of dying cultures, always with powerful nature in the background.
Her films, which are produced in cooperation with prestigious TV stations such as ARTE/ZDF and HBO, are awarded and presented at festivals around the world (Hot Docs in Canada, Los Angeles Film Festival, Locarno, Vision du Reel, IDFA). She made her debut in 2010 with the film titled What happened on Pam Island (63 minutes), which was filmed in the fjords of southern Greenland. Walking Under Water (76 minutes, 2014, for ARTE/ZDF), is an “underwater documentary” filmed at sea and under water (winner of the Jury Prize at Hot Docs) and tells a story about sea Nomads, fish-people from Borneo. K2. Touching the Sky (73 minutes, 2015) is one of the most awarded Polish mountaineering productions, filmed at the foot of K2. It tries to answer the question about the price of passion. Her latest film The Wall of Shadows (90 minutes, 2020, for ARTE/ZDF) is a Polish-Swiss-Germen co-production filmed in the Himalayas at an altitude of over 5,000 metres. It shows an extreme expedition to the virgin wall of Kumbhakarna from the perspective of Nepalese Sherpas. The film’s international premiere took place in Canada (main competition at Hot Docs), and the Polish premiere is scheduled for Docs Against Gravity. The film is planned for cinema distribution in Poland and abroad. Simultaneously, since 2018 Eliza has been working on a full-length documentary about Wanda Rutkiewicz.
As a mountain climber and explorer, in a team with her husband, photographer David Kaszlikowski, she has completed more than ten mountain expeditions to Greenland, High Atlas in Morocco, Mali in West Africa and tropical jungles of Malaysia. She is an expert in extreme cinematography (mountain and underwater expeditions). Founder of the Vertical Vision Film Studio (since 2008) www.VerticalVision.pl
Group is supported by Canon
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!