Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
We are happy to announce another great event at year’s Film Spring Workshop!
Jakub Ben will carry out a workshop on 3D previsualizations of film scenes. During the workshop you will learn how to create previses in a three-dimensional environment of an Unreal Engine 4 game engine and with the usage of the new motion-capture technology: Perception Neuron. Using the equipment and software provided during the workshop you will create a previs of any film scene.
It is worth mentioning that for the last few years there have been tools available which enable creating professional previsualizations with no need to buy expensive equipment or software. Game engine Unreal Engine 4 is a free software so you can continue your work after the workshop. Moreover, motion capture system – Perception Neuron is currently the cheapest solution of this type on the market, which means that even small studios or freelancers can afford it.
Unreal Engine 4 is a complex but user-friendly tool created to produce mainly video games. However, the development of the engine carried out by epic Games, Inc. have opened many more opportunities outside this field. One of them is creation of a previs. The knowledge of the software will be appreciated but it is not required. If you are interested please have a look at tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/user/UnrealDevelopmentKit/playlistssort=dd&shelf_id=17&view=50
The workshop will include the following stages:
– consultation of projects and ideas,
– transferring actor’s movement into digital character model (thanks to Perception Neuron system)
– creating unigue digital characters,
– creating 3D film locations,
– lighting the set,
– animation of camera movement,
– adding the sound and music,
– final rendering.
To take part in the workshop you will need:
– a script of a film or a chosen scene,
– a simple storyboard of a chosen scene (can be created at the workshop)
– actor to play all characters in a scene (only one Perception Neuron system will be available during the workshop).
The workshop will be accompanied by an official presentation by Noitiom.
If you don’t know what a previs is, check this out:
Founder and Creative Director of Maelstrom Interactive, former Assistant Director at CDProjekt RED. Worked on titles like: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the expansions: Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine as well as the upcoming game: Planet of The Apes: Last Frontier by Imaginati studio.
During the last edition of the Spring Open Workshop, together with Paweł Świerczyński, gave a lecture on the use of photogrammetry to reproduce film locations in a 3D environment and creating previses using he Unreal Engine 4 graphics engine. Previously, with Igor Sarzyński, he talked about the stages of creating movie sequences in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- 32 movies in 10 days!
- “Secrets of Wawel” win Hackathon!
- We are extending the Film Spring Open Workshop!
- Make independent cinema with Wiktor Obrok!
- Konrad Kruczkowski will mentor the Youtubers Group
- Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska will be a tutor of the New Green Model Production Group!
- The 16th edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop is starting in less than a week!
- ARRI Crime Movies Group with Sławomir Idziak and Martn Demmer!
- Artur Homan and the Nature Films Group!
- Konrad Aksinowicz will supervise Music Videos Group!
- From participant to mentor. Maciej Kunach will supervise the Video Games Group!
- NUKE the Art of Visual Effects with Agata Nawrocka!
- The Commercial Film Group with Jan Cieślar as a mentor!
- Marcin Koszałka will supervise the Sony Venice Group!
- Tomasz Siwiński and Animation Group at Film Spring Open!
- Film Spring Open: The Wawel Hackathon
- Canon Documentary Film Group mentor will be Oscar-nominated director Hanna Polak!
- Join Virtual & Augmented Reality Group led by Konrad Ziaja and Martn Demmer!
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group 2021!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!