REGULATIONS OF FILM SPRING OPEN WORKSHOP 2020
I. Film Spring Open Workshop for filmmakers.
- This year exceptionally Film Spring Open Workshop will be organized online.
- Film Spring Open Workshop (herein referred to as FSO) is organized by Film Spring Open Foundation (herein referred to as „Organizer”).
- For 15 years already the Film Spring Open Workshop (“FSO”) has provided interdisciplinary and interactive workshops focused on the future of the audiovisual industry. In times of dynamic technological changes the aim is to provide the necessary continuous training and improve acquired artistic and technical skills among students and graduates of film schools as well as professionals and emerging talented filmmakers.
- Film Spring Open Workshop is open to all individuals that represent one of the professions needed in film production (i.e. producers, directors, cinematographers, set designers, script writers, actors, composers, sound artists, editors, VFX, SFX, as well as programmers and authors of new AV forms).
- Film Spring Open Workshop program includes:
- Discussion panels about the future-oriented new sustainable model of film production,
- Lectures about new possibilities to finance films in Europe,
- Workshops on new technologies including presentations and tests of newest tools for production and postproduction,
- Cooperation of creative groups searching for a new format of a film show (creative groups of i.e. producers, directors, cinematographers, set designers, script writers, actors, composers, sound artists, editors, VFX, SFX, as well as programmers),
- Workshops on digital postproduction including presentations and lectures,
- Meeting with outstanding filmmakers,
- Presentations of newest tools used on the set.
- During FSO, participants will have the possibility to learn theory and consult their future projects.
- FSO is performed by experienced team of professionals in audiovisual industry.
- The participation in the 2020 edition of FSO is free of charge. Recruitment process to FSO and individual dedicated groups will be based on the CV attached in the application form with links to completed projects/ portfolio. Information about successful recruitment to FSO will be sent by email to the address provided during the registration process.
- Film Spring Open Workshop is planned for approximately 350 adult participants related to the film industry (students and graduates of film and theatre schools and film professionals).
- The main requirement for participation in FSO is to register online through the link between 6th July and 5nd October 2020, after setting up an account at www.filmspringopen.eu. Those who already have an account and want to participate in FSO 2020 should log in and edit their profile, marking their intention to participate in FSO 2020, update their CV and save changes.
- The registration is open for both individual filmmakers and groups.
III. Film Spring Open Workshop
- FSO will take place between 13-22 of October 2020 on the Internet at www.filmspringopenonline.eu and through links to individual events.
- FSO schedule (detailed program) will be available on the website www.filmspringopen.eu and filmspringopenonline.eu just before the start of the FSO.
Rights and Obligations of Participants and Organizers
- Organizers will provide mentorship to Participants who qualify to dedicated groups.
- Organizer has the right to change the date of FSO and its program, which will be announced on the website.
- Participants are obliged to follow the national rules and restrictions related to epidemic situation in the country of their stay and where they will carry out their projects.
- Organizer reserves the right to change or alter the program of the event, also in the performance of workshops, as a result of epidemic situation at any given time.
- Participants are liable for losses caused by their negligence.
- Organizer does not provide insurance for participants and does not bear any kind of liability for this.
- Organizer forbids shooting scenes that are in conflict with the law or dangerous for the Participants or third parties.
- The workshop organizer does not produce Participants projects.
- Participants are obliged to obey safety rules on the shooting plan. In this respect Organizer has the right to interfere in activities that are dangerous for participant’s health, in particular to prohibit or demand from participants to refrain from similar actions.
- Participants grant to Organizer a non-exclusive, free of charge, unlimited in terms of territory license for the use of audiovisual materials made during FSO for promotion of current or future activities of the Organizer in the following fields of exploitation:
-uploading to websites and distribution on the Internet,
-broadcasting on television and other events organized by Organizer,
-copying and sending whole materials or parts thereof to an unlimited number of users,
-using whole materials or parts thereof for the purpose of promotional activities of next editions of the FSO and other activities of the Organizer.
-uploading the materials in the archives on the www.filmspringopen.eu website accessible to all registered users.
- FSO participants are obliged to read and follow these regulations. The participants accept the regulations by accepting Terms and Conditions during the online registration to FSO.
- Participants violating these regulations will be asked to leave FSO.