Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
From 15 to 24 September, we will meet again for the 14th edition of Film Spring Open in Cracow’s Przegorzały. As in previous years, the workshop days will surely be a very intense time, which will probably result in little sleep. Among us, there are no viewers – we are all creators. Our festival is about making films and projects. About learning from the best and meeting future creative partners. This year over 60 remarkable technology companies will support us with equipment worth over PLN 12.5 million. Film Spring Open 2019 will also be attended by notable guests from Poland and aboard.
One of our special guests is Andrey Zvyagintsev, a prominent world-famous director, two-time Academy Award and BAFTA nominee, winner of the Venice and Cannes film festival awards, the Cesar’s Award and many other international festivals. He is best known for his films Leviathan, Loveless and The Return. Another guest is Ollie Rankin from Canada, visual effects expert who worked for legendary Hollywood productions such as Matrix, Transformers, X-Men, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings. He has been a virtual reality pioneer since the 1980s. We will also be honored to welcome Tomasz Kot, a brilliant actor who received acclaim in Poland and abroad. He was nominated for Best Actor by the European Film Awards for his role in the Oscar-nominated Cold War. Another foreign guest will be Sophie Kyriacou, a 3D-animation artist with over 20 years of experience in BBC, member of BAFTA, author of animation for prize-winning feature films and documentaries which received worldwide acclaim.
During the 14th edition of Film Spring Open debuting filmmakers will work in 21 dedicated groups, included below:
- Kids and Family Film Group (Dorota Kędzierzawska) with support of PZU Foundation
- Criminal Film Group (Paweł Dyllus) with support of Arri
- Actors Previs Group (Sławomir Idziak)
Short movie formats:
- Animation Film (Kamil Polak) with support of PZU
- Commercial Film (Marcin Ziębiński) with support of PZU
- Music videos (Kobas Laksa) with support of Agora Publishing
- Documentary Film (Wojciech Staroń) with support of Canon
Innovative Audiovisual Narration:
- Film Close-up (Artur Reinhart) with support of Nikon
- Movement in film. Modern Storytelling Language (Michał Sobociński) with support of Sony
- Visual Mood Group (Martin Demmer)
Future and new film formats:
- VR and AR Group (Konrad i Gabriel Ziaja)
- Virtual Reality HP (Gabriel Ziaja) with support of HP
- Internet Filmmakers (Konrad Kruczkowski) with support of Sony Xperia
- Selfie TV (Tomasz Soliński i Łukasz Kościółek)
- Interactive Movie Group (Florent Pallares)
Production and Post-production:
- SFX make-up (Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy)
- CGI and modern editing (Kuba Sobek)
- CGI in program Nuke (Agata Nawrocka)
- Offmaster (Wiktor Obrok)
This year we want to put emphasis on cooperation between workshop groups:
- The Previs Group is going to stage a murder scene which will be shot by the Crime Film Group and the SFX Group will be responsible for make-up and hairstyling. The CGI Editing and Nuke Visual Effects Groups are going to deal with postproduction.
- The Children and Family Film Group will cooperate with the Art of Close Up Group to jointly organize an audition for child actors.
- The Selfie TV Group will try to create a television with automatic video-streaming to the Cinebus, with the use of the Selfie TV app for Android and iPhone. The participants will have the chance to watch the edited films on our website.
The newest models of movie equipment and the software will be presented by Arri, Canon, Cinema 4D, Sony, HP, Movie Bird, Nikon, Black Magic, SYRP, Ronin, Avid, Edelkrone, Foton, ColorChecker, Kauposil.
Guest from various innovative companies will share their experience from the modern audiovisual industry:
- Bloober Team, a game dev studio – Piotr Babieno
- Kissinger Twins, a creative team – Katarzyna Kifert and Dawid Marcinkowski
- Cinema 4D, a software – Sophia Kyriacou
- Unit 9, an interactive production studio – Jakub Brzózka, Jakub Jakubowski
In-between the group work sessions the participants can attend excellent lectures…
- “How to live a good life as a creator and producer? Psychological tips for young filmmakers” – dr Jacek Santorski
- “Sound production in feature films in its esthetic and technological aspect. About the sound from script to the screen” – dr hab. Jacek Hamela
- “Crime in film versus crime in real life” – Police staff ensigns Krzysztof Marek and Wacław Serwin of the Cracow’s Regional Criminal Police Headquarters, in cooperation with Canon Polska
- “Become a stock creator and earn money! Practical tips on how to make videos for the Internet, sign contracts with the participants, and prepare and sell stocks” – Adam Strzelecki
- “Green Film Open: ecology in film. Innovation for sustainable film and TV production” – Benoit Ruiz, Jagoda Szelc, Sławomir Idziak
… and never-ending film screenings await at night!
- Ikar. The Legend of Mietek Kosz, dir. Maciej Pieprzyca
- Loveless, dir. Andrey Zvyagintsev
- Sid, Neil Corbould, a film created during last year’s Film Spring Open
- Dawn, Laila Pakalnina, cinematography by Wojciech Staroń
- Cold War, Paweł Pawlikowski, with remarkable Tomasz Kot, who will deliver a lecture on his view on acting
- Sword of God, Bartosz Konopka
- Volhynia, Wojciech Sarzowski, sound editing by Jacek Hamela
- Crows, Dorota Kędzierzawska, cinematography by Artur Reinhart,
- Dziwor, Paweł Dyllus
- Atlas, M. Kawalski, cinematography by P. Dyllus, featuring Tomasz Kot
- Pelé: Birth of a Legend, Jeff Zimbalist, Michael Zimbalist, visual effects by Ollie Rankin
- Aside from the above mentioned titles, I encourage our participants to show their films in the “Can Do” Personally, I recommend F for Freaks created in the Babelsberg film school by one of our participants, Sabine Ethrl, and Don’t Change the Topic, a film by Hubert Patynowski awarded this year at the Gdynia film festival
See you on 15 October in Cracow!
Official Poster created by prof. Maja Wolna
Make independent cinema with Wiktor Obrok!
- Make independent cinema with Wiktor Obrok!
- Konrad Kruczkowski will mentor the Youtubers Group
- Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska will be a tutor of the New Green Model Production Group!
- The 16th edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop is starting in less than a week!
- ARRI Crime Movies Group with Sławomir Idziak and Martn Demmer!
- Artur Homan and the Nature Films Group!
- Konrad Aksinowicz will supervise Music Videos Group!
- From participant to mentor. Maciej Kunach will supervise the Video Games Group!
- NUKE the Art of Visual Effects with Agata Nawrocka!
- The Commercial Film Group with Jan Cieślar as a mentor!
- Marcin Koszałka will supervise the Sony Venice Group!
- Tomasz Siwiński and Animation Group at Film Spring Open!
- Film Spring Open: The Wawel Hackathon
- Canon Documentary Film Group mentor will be Oscar-nominated director Hanna Polak!
- Join Virtual & Augmented Reality Group led by Konrad Ziaja and Martn Demmer!
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group 2021!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!