Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
For 10 days, a Polish city of Krakow is becoming our filming location. We will see the effects of your work during the final screening in a cinema specially built at the venue for the duration of the workshop.
Our educational program incorporating the latest solutions in the audiovisual industry as well as the state-of-the-art film equipment which you can use and test at your filming sets have always been our trademarks. This year’s programme and the choice of our special guests underline this approach. The workshop venue in Przegorzały is becoming a testing ground for virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
Special guests from London, James Edward Marks and Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe, for the first time in Poland presented a virtual hologram with which you can talk. Their 3D capture system, HoloPortal ™ transforms 2D video into dynamic 3D models in real time.
VR and AR projects are presented by the international team of Unit 9 and at the same time such projects are being produced by two creative groups at the workshop.
Special effects are executed by the two-time Oscar winner, Neil Corbould (Gravity, Gladiator), who started today a creative group testing in practice special effects in low-budget productions. For enthusiasts of optical and mechanical effects, this is an amazing opportunity to work with the number 1 specialist in the SFX world.
Our Special Guest, an Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska (Ida, Cold War) talked about debut on today’s film market.
Over the weekend we will have dozens of amazing lectures, workshops, screenings and meetings, including lecture on visual dramaturgy by Sławomir Idziak (Sunday, 11 am), meeting with our Special Guest, Neil Corbould (Sunday, 1pm), open workshop on animatics by Piotr Kukla (Sunday, 1pm), lecture by Laila Pakalnina (Sunday, 2pm), or lecture on international cooperation by Magdalena Kamińska”Warewolf” producer ( (Sunday, 3:3pm).
Saturday and Sunday are devoted also to SYMPOSIUM OF THE NEW PRODUCTION MODEL – PANEL DISCUSSION, which leading topic is virtual film studio, new language possibilities of VR and he new distribution and promotion channels.
The symposium is moderated by Filip Kovcin (FilmPro) and discussion panelists are: Neil Corbould (SFX), Marcin Kocik i Bartek Leszek (White Kanga Studio), Sławomir Idziak (DOP), Maciej Ryśniak (Movie Bird), Łukasz Bem (Bemix Media), Robert Woźniak (Canon), Konrad Ziaja (Film Spring Open), Piotr Ługowski (MBS), Daniel Rusin (aka Reżyser Życia).
On Monday, at 2pm our Special Guest Aleksandra Przegalińska from MIT – Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston, a renown specialist in the field of identity in virtual reality and humanoid artificial intelligence, will discuss whether artificial intelligence can be creative.
And introducing the theme of creativity, Konrad Kruczkowski will give a lecture on how not to stop being creative in adult life eralier that morning (Monday, 10 am).
However, a very significant part for most of you is making your films individually or in as many as 22 creative groups.
The Film Spring Workshop guest list this year includes: Marek Koterski, Kamil Polak, Laila Pakalnina, Marcin Koszałka, Borys Lankosz, Fabian Rozenkranz, Bogdan Dziworski, Kobas Laksa, Jagoda Szelc, Adrian Panek and many more top filmmakers and specialists.
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners from 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!