Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
Send us an idea for a music video for “Remedy” song by Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship (covering fee, accommodation and meals) at our workshop funded by our Partner, Agora Publishing House.
To take part in the contest, you should register for the Film Spring Workshop on our website www.filmspringopen.eu, submit the competition work by the 30th of September to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and correctly fill out the application form posted on the contest website. On the competition website you will also be able to get access to Tymon Tymański & MU’s “Remedy” song, which you will find also here.
By the 5th of October, the competition jury will select the best three proposals, whose authors will receive scholarships. You can submit many competition entries. Tymon Tymański will be our guest at the workshop, so you can make music videos with his participation. More details about participation in the competition can be found in its regulations.
One of the members of the contest jury will be Kobas Laksa, a visual artist, director, photographer, author of films and music videos, who will be the tutor of music videos group at our workshop.
The artist, who received the main Polish award in the industry – Fryderyk for the music video of 2017, advices on what to take into account when making a clip:
“The most important thing is to find a stylistic key for the entire piece. It could be a way of filming, editing, specially selected people appearing in the clip or colours. Such decisions may turn out to be more important than the storyline itself, which is usually not particularly revealing, or properly deepened. It is good to have creative experience, but not necessarily dramatic, or film related. Music videos are closer to painting and poems, more so than to non-fiction or prose.”
Below you will find fragment of our interview with Kobas. Enjoy the read and good luck with your applications!
– What will the work in the music video group look like?
The workshops I led so far were for me an opportunity to listen to what others – usually younger and less experienced – have to say. We start with what they watch and listen to, and if we concentrate on the music videos, we review a few or more and discuss the details. The videos are by definition based on fresh and surprising ideas so there are no limits to imagination. When the draft of the script for a clip is being created, there are no foolish or bad ideas. All ideas can lead to an extraordinary discovery and transformation into a clip.
– What should a good music video be like?
It is certainly important that the creator is guided by intuition and artistically honest with himself and the viewers.
– What young filmmakers should pay attention to when working on their competition works?
Thousands of clips are created every day in the world, sometimes great ones are made by amateurs and sometimes by experienced and renowned artists. There are no rules, but there is an expectation that the clip will surprise us with something. I would also like to be surprised.
A visual artist, director, photographer, author of films and music videos. A graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Poznań and the Development LAB/ Studio Prób (directing) at Wajda School. He uses a variety of media: photography, photocollage, performance, animation, and film. In the 1990s, he co-founded the informal off-cinema (see “INDEPENDENT CINEMA IN POLAND 1989-2009”, RED. PIOTR MARECKI) making such films as Sceny z użycia/ User’s Note, Fikcyjne Pulpety/ Fictional Meatballs, Czy mógłbym się u pani wykąpać i przespać?/ Could I Wash and Sleep Over at Your Place, Pojechałem z mamą na pielgrzymkę/ I Went on a Pilgrimage with My Mom, Koło jest przyjemne/ Circle is Pleasure. He directs music videos for such artists as Młynarski-Masecki Jazz Band (song “Abdul Bey” – awarded with Fryderyk for the music video of 2017), Męskie Granie Orchestra („Elektryczny”/”Electric”) Abradab (“Rapowe ziarno”/ “Rap grain” – MTV award and Yach Audience award, „Rap to nie zabawa już”/ “Rap it’s not fun anymore”) and others. The artist is also known as the author of photographs and photo collages. His most popular projects are the Projekt miejski Warszawa /Urban Project Warsaw series, Rauchdelikt and Memento Vulgari. In 2008, he made a series of photomontages for the Polish pavilion at the Biennale in Venice. For the Afterlife of Buildings – Budynków życie po życiu the Polish Pavilion received the prestigious Golden Lion award. Director and screenwriter of the film „Okno z widokiem na ścianę”/ “A Window with a view on a wall” produced as the part of the Munk Studio’s 30 minute program and a scholarship winner of the Polish Film Institute’s screenplay program getting ready for a full-length debut.
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!