Tutor: Agata Nawrocka
Do you watch tutorials from Afterki more often than Netflix, and are much more interested in commercials on t.v.? In your free time you love watching VFX Breakdown, and while standing in traffic you dream of improving your skills and entering the pro world of Nuke nodes?
If yes, then!
This course is totally for you.
nawROCKa will prepare you for a Junior/Middle level Motion Designer/Compositing Artist position.
It will sell you patents for smooth work, firefighting and easy ease on graph noda. The knowledge you’ll absorb will give you a calm, confident start and a high probability of reading an email with the title “Client accepted” in the very first week of working in advertising.
Well, are we changing the trajectory of your career path?
May the roto, trackies, keys and cleanups be with you!
- 3 words from nawROCKa:As VFX artists, we have a real contribution to the viewer’s experience of the film. Our work affects the emotion and perception of the image, and is often invisible. Everyday is a craft oscillating between “how long will it take you” and “we have approval for this”. However, we never forget why we love conjuring images so much. And that magic that makes things disappear, transform, enhance or create a “wow” effect will be the story of nawROCKa.
- Technical issues of the course:
Organization of work:
1. communication with departments: production, IT, editing, color, art director, graphic designers, hr
2. file systems: archiving, servers, ftp, clouds (dropbox, myairbridge)
3. jirra, mattermost and other internal communication systems
4. brifs: how to write them, how to read them, how to make them fast?
5. work culture and mental health
1 Formats, extensions – discussion
2. file export – how to choose the right format
1. working with graphic designers, IT tech, production, editing, color, accounts.
2. Work and project organization.
3. 2D instructional animation, minimal text and working with null object, expressions and free
4. Logo animation – how to move the logo to make the client fall in delight?
5. Animatik animation – working according to the brief and creative instructions – showing camera movements and
1. organization of work and project
2. collaboration with graphics, editing and color
3. replacement of packaging on static shots
4. cooperation with Mocha
5. replacing packaging on moving camera shots
6. product cleanup
7. image cleanup
Screen swaps on phone, laptop, tv
1. organization of work and project.
2. Communication with the team, pre-production.
3. screen insertion: cleanup, cornerpin, grading, static shot.
4. screen insertion: with trunking, cleanup
1. greenscreen, bluescreen – rules of registration on sets
2. correct keying
3. post-production possibilities: AE, Nuke
4. working with color
Course summary (2.3h sb)
1. advantages and disadvantages of working in advertising
2. what next after advertising – where can I use my skills?
The participant will receive a list of free plugins, expressions list sites, links with tutorials
and hints on where to get inspiration and how to inspire your head.
Software: AE, Nuke
Planned start date for the course – mid-July 2022, ending with a joint project at the Film Spring Open Workshop.
If interested, please send your showreel and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org