Thematic groups supervised by specialists, masterclasses, screenings of awarded films and meetings with filmmakers. Film Spring Open Workshop will take place from 11th to 20th of October in Krakow’s Przegorzały.
What will you find in the programme?
The essence of our Workshop are thematic groups led by renowned artists and craftsmen.
- Interactive Narration Group with the founders of Red Eyes Cool, i.e. Barbara Jonak and Florent Pallares
- Music Videos Group with director Tadeusz Śliwa
- Film Script Open Group with director Jagoda Szelc
- Canon Virtual & Augmented Reality Group with Konrad Ziaja, founder of the Cinematic VR startup
- Piotr Woźniak-Starak Modern Film Production Group coordinated by Marta Szarzyńska and Joanna Tatko with Ewa Puszczyńska, Krzysztof Terej, Agata Szymańska and others producers
- Video Games Group with Maciej Kunach, Bloober Team
- Sony Venice Group Filming in Rough Conditions with Wojciech Staroń, cinematographer, director and screenwriter
- Documentary Film Group with Oscar-nominated director Hanna Polak
Photos by Marian Folga
- Animation Group with the renowned author of animated films, Mariusz Wilczyński
- Arri-Close Up. The Visual Dramaturgy of Character-driven Movies with director Magnus von Horn and cinematographer Michał Dymek
- NUKE The Art of Visual Effects with Agata Nawrocka, a specialist in visual effects
- Sony Xperia Group. How To Create and Promote Content with Your Phone with Krzysztof Ochman, the creator of advertising documents and films
- CGI and Modern Editing Group with Kuba Sobek, a video producer and trailer creator, who has found his place in the gaming industry
- Film Music Group with journalist Magdalena Miśka Jackowska
Photo by Filip Błażejowski
During the Workshop, there will also be open lectures, admission to which is free!
These will include:
- “On film adaptations” – open lecture by Jagoda Szelc
- “A new production model from the Cinematographer point of view” – open lecture by Sławomir Idziak
- “Case study of Watchout Studio production: Film production business models using selected examples of audiovisual works such as: The Art of Loving. The story of Michalina Wisłocka, The Coldest Game, Apokawixa – open lecture by Krzesztof Terej
- “The AI revolution in all creative branches” – open lecture by Jakub Ben
- “Glamour, fame and money, or how to get started in commercial’s” – open lecture by Tadeusz Śliwa
- “The first movie. How to start your own way in film production” – open lecture by Agata Szymańska
We also invite you to additional workshops, film screenings and accompanying meetings!
The full schedule can be found HERE.
Remember that you can still register for the Film Spring Open Workshop (HERE).
We would also like to remind you about this year’s Film Spring Open initiative and the Wawel Royal Castle, i.e. the Wawel Hackathon!
During ten days of workshops, we offer a wide spectrum of professional and practical education in dedicated groups focused on the future of audiovisual production. For 16 years, we have been stimulating the future of the industry based on new trends, formats and new talents.
We work with over 60 leading companies and corporations that provide us with modern computer equipment and applications worth EUR 3.5 million.
We invite you behind the scenes of previous editions:
2020 online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WiMXm5C13I