Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
This year in INTERACTIVE NARRATION GROUP you will work under the supervison of two excellent tutors:
- Florent Pallares, a PhD graduate in film and audiovisual studies and a tutor at Diplôme Universitaire de Photojournalisme et Innovations Audiovisuelles in Perpignan;
- Adam Walkowski, a Web systems engineer, interactive video producer, Founder of InventCore – research and development organization focused on new media technologies such as interactive video, video 360, transmedia storytelling and creator of Deligic, a web-based software for interactive video development and distribution for web and mobile.
The INTERACTIVE NARRATION GROUP will work on the project ONLY YOU proposed by Florent and a bunch of French filmakers as well as an informal group The RED EYES COOL established by Barbara Kurzaj, a Polish actress, and Florent Pallares.
You may join the INTERACTIVE NARRATION GROUP and work on the group’s interactive project ONLY YOU or develop your own projects with the help of the tutors.
The story takes place in a near-future. In the quite old hotel room, the main character dies electrocuted while watching a movie with a VR mask and an electronic suit and becomes a spirit. The audience take the control of the movie, decide where to go, in a first person view.
The main topic of the story revolves around the subject of solitude. The main question is: What people do when they are totally alone, who they are in their secret lives? This leads to reflection: how the society can contribute to isolation of people?
The goal is to make a complete interactive (and maybe Virtual Reality interactive) movie in the next two years. This project is open to other creative groups who want to make their own scenes in this story or to individual filmmakers who wants to help with the different steps of creation. When the first editing is finished, it can be posted on different social networks in order to encourage filmmakers around the world to create their own scenes of “the spirit’s journey”. This will create another extension of this interactive movie.
It’s an interactive movie. The audience can choose at the beginning to be a man or a woman.
There are 3 ways to watch it :
- In the theater (many viewers), the audience using a smart phone and a website can vote. The projectionist applies the result. (The majority wins);
- On the Internet (one viewer), the viewer can choose by clicking on the screen;
- Virtual Reality, the viewer can choose by turning his head in the chosen direction and waiting 3 seconds to validate the choice.
For the interactive part we will consult a VR Group supervised by Konrad Ziaja from CinematicVR.
The equipment will be provided by Film Spring Open, the University of Perpignan Film Spring Open France and the Red Eyes Cool.
In order to help you to follow the script, an interactive file, has been made with the software Twine.
You can download the htlm file here.
Or watch it online.
To join the group you must register yourself as a Film Spring Open participant. To join the ONLY YOU project you should also contact the group here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE ABOUT THE STORY
This interactive story takes place in a near-future. In the quite old hotel room, the main character dies and becomes a spirit and the camera change in a first person view.
A spirit from the 80’s appears, like he was running through a wall from escape to a danger. After a small talk, he explains that when a ring of fire appears, he has only some seconds to escape otherwise he will be hoovered. He starts to talk about his experience but the ring of fire appears and hoovers him. The audience needs to choose a direction in order to cross a wall, the ceiling or the floor.
In each following scenes, when the ring of fire will appear, the audience will have just some seconds to choose a direction. In each room a different story takes place, with different characters, in different time, created a kind of “Tree of possible lives”. The story can takes place also in another location. For example, in one scene, the spirit can meet a medium who can send him in another place.
It will be different ends. One of them can “come full circle”. The spirit meet another spirit and can be hoover on the ring of fire. Inside it, the audience, still in “spirit POV”, travels in a kind of “Star Gate/ Slit Screen” as in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, who ends by a tunnel of light. Two very big hands can enter in this hole and extract the spirit from a woman to a hospital room, like a delivery of a newborn baby. The film ending when a scissor cut the umbilical cordon.
In each rooms, the possibilities for the audience are:
The front wall, the ceiling or the floor gives the possibilities to enter in another rooms.
The fire ring sends you inside a star gate/slit screen as 2001 : A SPACE ODYSSEY who ending by a long black silence with the choice to restart the story or not.
The right wall gives the possibility to go to the corridor and enter in another room. To create a menu, we can use the map of the building.
The left wall gives the possibility to go outside of the building and to have a flight around the building. We need to have a drone to do this. After a small flight, the camera turns to the building and enters to another room.
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!