Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
We would like to invite you for a lecture and workshop on the psychology of achievement „Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession” which will be conducted by three experienced and cerified psychologists specializing in the psychology of sport and film.
The lecture will be linked to numerous scientific interviews carried out in 2011-2017 with artists working in the profession, during which a number of psychological aspects relevant to the work of a filmmaker were raised. The lecture will be based on those aspects which, according to filmmakers, are pivotal at various stages of development in their profession. Conversations with representatives of each of the film divisions allowed for the development of the Effective Work Model of film team members. It presents psychological factors and skills as well as dependencies between them that facilitate the work of filmmakers. Selected interviews with representatives of various film divisions were published in the popular science book “Psychology of Achievements for Film Makers” (Wojciech Marzec Publishing House, 2017). Lecturers will present excerpts from conversations with: Andrzej Seweryn, Dorota Kolak, Wojciech Smarzowski, Sławomir Idziak, Kacper Habisiak, Marcin Kasiński, Arkadiusz Tomiak, and Ewa Jastrzębska.
One of the aims of the lecture is to strengthen knowledge about the role played by the development of the psychological sphere in the work of filmmakers. Artists are confronted with a series of difficulties, and the awareness of numerous phenomena and psychological mechanisms can be helpful in shaping, among others, ability to work constantly and the ability to activate one’s creative potential. In addition, the participants of the lecture will learn what goal training is and why it is characterized by the best level of performance among experts in a given field of achievement.
You will also have a chance to participate in a workshop „Mental training for filmmakers”, designated for 15-20 people and lasting about 1,5 hour.
During the workshop, participants will learn about selected mental techniques that can support development in their profession. Filmmakers, just like athletes or businessmen, can set the tactics of action that, when implemented consciously, help to endure psychological and physical effort, while taking into account the specificity of functioning in the film industry.
“In the film, as in sport, reflection on the role of talent and hard work is important. Relevance: persistence, strong will and organization of work are important. However, many people give up on the very beginning of a career. Talent is very important, but it must be supported by hard work.” Bodo Kox
During the workshop psychological factors that influence the work of filmmakers and the cooperation between team members will be presented. These include: the ability to cope with the pressure and stress, shaping perseverance in the face of challenges and difficulties, the importance of values in the process of shaping the sense of individuality.
certified psychologist working in the area of sport and film. Graduate of clinical psychology on SWPS University in Warsaw and postgraduate studies Psychology in positive sport in SWPS WZ in Sopot. Member of Polish Olympic Committee and Polish Psychological Society. Certified sport and exercise psychologist II class of Polish Psychological Society and Psychologist recommended by Polish Olympic Committee (years 2015 and 2017) Since 2015 involved in a senior national artistic gymnastics team, since 2016 with a national rhythmic gymnastics team. Deputy chairman of Positive Sport Foundation where she co-manages post-graduate studies Psychology of sport – in the Possitive Sport as well as scientific, educational and training projects.
psychologist working in the area of sport and film. Psychologist recommended by Polish Olympic Committee (years: 2012 and 2015, 2017 – recommendation acquired). In everyday activities she represents the approach of Psychology in Positive Sport. She is involved in Positive Sport Foundation and Positively Active Society (Stowarzyszenie Pozytywnie-Aktywni). Co-creator of the “i7W” model. Graduated from Psychology Department on SWSP WZ. Wroclaw and postgraduate studies Psychology in positive sport in SWPS WZ in Sopot. In 2009 she received the Award from Rector of University of Social Sciences and Humanity for supporting the development of science on SWSP WZ University in Wroclaw.
she works in Positive Sport Foundation, where she cooperated in different projects and initiatives i.e. symposium “Druga Wyprawa w Sporcie Pozytywnym – Droga na Biegun Mistrzostwa” or the second edition of “Wspieraj i Wygrywaj – Sport Pozytywny w Gdyni” (project was conducted based on the “i7W” Model, she was a project coordinator). Under tutelage of psychologists she works with contenders of individual and team sports. She collaborated in making of the book “”Psychology of Achievements for Film Makers” (Ziemowicz, Serwotka, 2017) and on the project “”Psychology of Achievements for Film Makers””. She focuses in her masters dissertation (University of Gdańsk) on aspects relating to self-perception among actors.
- Make independent cinema with Wiktor Obrok!
- Konrad Kruczkowski will mentor the Youtubers Group
- Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska will be a tutor of the New Green Model Production Group!
- The 16th edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop is starting in less than a week!
- ARRI Crime Movies Group with Sławomir Idziak and Martn Demmer!
- Artur Homan and the Nature Films Group!
- Konrad Aksinowicz will supervise Music Videos Group!
- From participant to mentor. Maciej Kunach will supervise the Video Games Group!
- NUKE the Art of Visual Effects with Agata Nawrocka!
- The Commercial Film Group with Jan Cieślar as a mentor!
- Marcin Koszałka will supervise the Sony Venice Group!
- Tomasz Siwiński and Animation Group at Film Spring Open!
- Film Spring Open: The Wawel Hackathon
- Canon Documentary Film Group mentor will be Oscar-nominated director Hanna Polak!
- Join Virtual & Augmented Reality Group led by Konrad Ziaja and Martn Demmer!
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group 2021!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!