Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
Film Spring Open has always been a meeting point for skilled professionals and artists, for technicians and film magicians. One of the main ideas behind its educational programme is the interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge and experience. Also, at Film Spring Open we believe that to enrich such a complex creation like a film, there is much more needed than skills and knowledge of a film director alone.
Filmmaking is a team work; this is a compilation of many visions which are very often evolving during the process of production itself, constituting the final picture, and yet still open to so many interpretations and countless visions of viewers.
There are not many pieces of art as complex as film regarding the process of creation. But what happens when the the film is about the art? How to create art on the subject of art? How does the artist look at the other artist?
Some of these questions may be answered starting from tomorrow, during the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art, April 11-15, which after a 20-year break returns in this shape to the cultural map of the most famous Polish mountain resort.[i]
The Zakopane Festival is an event of a long and rich history. The first edition took place in 1968 during an artistic event “2. Salon February 68 “, which was devoted to Polish graphics design and “3. Salon March 68 “, where nine outstanding Polish painters exhibited their works, including Brzozowski, Gierowski, Nowosielski and Stajuda. The initiators of the Festival were Grzegorz Dubowski and Władysław Hasior.
This year’s edition will return to the traditional competition formula and the jury led by Prof. Slawomir Idziak, the founder of the Film Spring Open Foundation, will select the best three from the films submitted for the competition. Also, there will be presentation of selected artists who showed their works during the first editions of the March Salons.
Both events will be part of a bigger project “Spring of Culture” whose name says it all.
The organizers of the Festival hope to re-initiate a series of meetings and exchanges of artistic thought between artists and filmmakers at the foot of the Tatra Mountains. This is also one of the guiding ideas of Film Spring Workshop.
At the annual Workshop organized by the Film Spring Open Foundation the artistic and film community have been already cooperating together for 13 years. Participants can work on their film projects with the support of tutors in the creative group of their choice: VR, Interactive Narration, Script Writing, Film Previses, New Production Model, CGI and Modern Editing, Commercial and Promo Films, Music Videos, Game Jam, Documentaries, Web Filmmakers Group. They can also participate in workshops and lectures from award-winning top professionals, film screenings and meetings with film directors, one-to-one tutorials and tests of new technologies. This year’s edition takes place between 17-26 of October.
Interdisciplinary exchange and cooperation between various audio-visual professions are some of the aspects explored also by the new Model of Film Production, which is introduced by the Film Spring Open Foundation. Therefore, the Zakopane Festival is an ideal place to promote informally and discuss the model and its practical implementation.
We are sure that discussions and presentations of the new Model of Production within such environment will result in revolutionary ideas and changes in the way the films are being produced today.
[i] Zakopane has became a Polish cultural center in the 19th century. In the years 1890-1918 Podhale took over the imagination of many Polish artists. The first spa qualities of the region were discovered by the Warsaw doctor Tytus Chałubiński, and soon painters, writers and composers followed the trend and went to Zakopane. Stanisław Witkiewicz, who lived there in 1890, contributed to the popularity of the region. The atmosphere under the Mount Giewont was perceived as a booster of creativity and free exchange of ideas.
At the beginning of the 20th century in the cultural center of Zakopane, in the Morskie Oko hotel , the Zakopane bohemia was gathering. From 1904, a professional seasonal theater had its headquarters there (and in the interwar period, the theater organized by Witkacy). On the stage at Morskie Oko outstanding actors and actresses performed, including Helena Modrzejewska, Hanka Ordonówna and Aleksander Zelwerowicz.
Author: Magdalena Goszczyńska
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners from 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!