Film Spring Workshop more international than ever before
Every year Film Spring Workshop welcomes an increasing number of foreign participants and gradually becomes a truly international event. This is of course due to our promotional activities but also thanks to you, our participants. Every year you go back home and tell about us your family, friends, co-workers and colleagues. Some of you, take it a step further and become our Ambassadors, promoting FSO during various film festivals around the world.
Last year was especially rich in international events during which the Filmspringers participated in official and unofficial meetings, presenting our educational program.
In 2016 Martn Demmer went to Tallinn, Estonia, where he was invited as a panelist to Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event, the industry professional’s summit which runs 17–24 November during the 20th Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival.
During the panel “Developing Your Low-Budget Film – Media Training programmers presentation” Martn introduced our workshop. Together with him in the panel were Gwénaëlle Coudroy – Less is More / Le Groupe Ouest, Soon-Mi Peten – EC MEDIA, Kristýna Plhoňová – LIM /MIDPOINT /LE GROUP and Katre Kajamäe – MEDIA Estonia.
There were other exciting business, education and networking events taking place during the Industry@Tallinn & Baltic Event week, a lot of them targeted at young professionals.
Martn participated in and promoted Film Spring Open during:
– POWR Baltic Stories Exchange open pitch,
– Film Production made in Luxembourg,
– Cash Rebates presentation. Estonia/Latvia,
– Features of the Film Circuit – by Sydney Levine,
– Talent Development in Scandinavia and the Baltics,
– Mixed Reality: Designing the Future of interactive Storytelling.
Later that year, in December 2016, Martn was in Sofia, Bulgaria at IN THE PALACE International Short Film Festival where his short film Back and Forward INC. was screened at main competition.
We started this year with promotion during IFFR Rotterdam 2017, where Martn took part in FFR Pro Panels – Industry, where he spoke broadly about Film Spring Open.
– Masterclass – Bela Tarr
– IFFR Pro Meeting – Filmmakers Hub
– IFFR Pro Panel – Distribution, Digital Dilemmas and Discoverability
– IFFR Pro Panel – Make the Most of a Film Festival
– IFFR Pro Training – Applying and Pitching – Gain Hands-on-Experience
– IFFR Pro Panel – Creativity in Collaboration – The Dynamics between Directors and Producers
– IFFR Pro Panel – Co-production Markets: Designing the Future
– IFFR Pro Panel – Hubert Bals Fund: Reshaped
– IFFR Pro Debate – State of Festivals: One of a Kind
– IFFR Pro Panel – Cinema Reality (Check)
– IFFR Pro Panel – Mariano Llinas Anti-Lab
– IFFR Pro Panel – Cultivating Audiences
The next stop of Martn’s film adventure was the European Film Market of the Berlinale 2017.
Then, in April, he participated in Symposium Film und Politik in hochpolitischen Zeiten in Cologne, Germany.
17 – 28 May we all followed the events of the amazing 70th Festival de Cannes.
Martn took part in various meetings which resulted immediately in new followers of our FB profile as well as numerous messages asking about our workshop.
Festival de Cannes’ events:
– Roundtable – Financial Instruments to scale up independent Production and Distribution Companies
– Public Conference – Creating the Future – The Media Programme after 2020
- Panel 1 – Evolving financing models: what role for MEDIA?
- Panel 2 – Highlight on increasing market shares and audience for European creations.
The FSO representation at Festival de Cannes was stronger than ever, as our last year participant, a producer, actress and director, Anna Fam, who made her first film at our workshop, was among the Polish producers participating at the Producers’ Network meetings.
The 14th edition of the Producers Network industry events took place from 18-24 May. In the annual event accompanying the festival in Cannes participate about 550 film industry representatives from around the world. The event is a great opportunity for networking with potential partners to co-produce, distribute, or promote films.
Among many other meetings and events, Anna took part in a business breakfast co-organised by the Polish Film Institute.
Apart from annual film events, in France we have a year-long media exposure thanks to our sister organization, Film Spring Open France established by our long-term friend and FSO participant, Florent Pallares, PhD graduate in film and audiovisual studies and a tutor at Diplôme Universitaire de Photojournalisme et Innovations Audiovisuelles in Perpignan.
Film Spring Open France Group participate in our workshop every year making their films and cooperating with other participants and our tutors.
As a result of these promotional activities, for which we are very grateful to our friends and Ambassadors, this year edition is expected to be more international than ever before and our team is already being busy with applications from all over Europe.
We are looking forward to meeting all of you and hope that our workshop will be a true milestone on your beautiful film journey.
Best of luck!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!