CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
As you know this year we launched a new creative group. After all we will be in Krakow, Polish centre of theatres and art schools! We got first applications of film adaptations projects. Currently till the end of September we organise pre-production work in order to prepare your scripts for FSO. You may contact us and request a consultation at any time.
Additionally we would like to motivate you to work by offering even more support!
Further post-production work for one of the projects (free post-production services after FSO) offers to our participants Chimney Poland, one of the largest post-production studios in Poland, a company belonging to an international group having offices i.e. in: Stockholm, Berlin, Copenhagen and Sydney! More information about Chimney and their projects can be found at http://www.chimneygroup.com/
Would you like to start co-operation with them? In order to receive post-production support from Chimney Poland you will be requested to present the results of your work at FSO, which means to create audiovisual materials and/or pre-visualizations (PREVIS) of your project. The project, which will receive support, will be chosen by Chimney Poland together with Film Spring Open.
To apply for participation at Film Spring Open Air:
Complete the registration form for Film Spring Open Air here http://www.filmspringopen.eu/festival-admin-festivalid-1006.html selecting a dedicated group called “FILM ADAPTATION OF THEATRICAL SPECTACLES GROUP”.
In all organisational matters please do not hesitate to contact Marcin Lech, production manager from Krakow, coordinator of Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group at email@example.com.
We would like to remind you that registration is open till September 5th, 2014!
Looking forward to hear from you!
PROBABLY THE WORLD’S MOST INTERESTING STORIES TO BE TOLD
Short talk with Marcin Lech, coordinator of Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group.
Who is the Group of Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles addressed to? Who can benefit most? Who are you waiting for?
Target group is young people interested in enhancing scriptwriting skills on the basis of a theatrical play/drama, also participants who are interested in both theatre and film to practically check the connection between the two arts. It was created for young artists who have difficulties in finding an inspiration, for young and wild who cannot break through with their message. I am waiting for people who want to work and get to know something. I am here for them to facilitate these activities.
Why is it worth adapting theatrical plays/dramas to film? Are there not enough good scripts?
Let me answer perversely. I have an impression that there are many good films produced. In the age of You Tube and wide access to digital technology we can speak of a flood of images that invades us. Of course in this situation it is very difficult for young people to break through, the ones who have probably the world’s most interesting stories to be told. The problem is that between a script and an artwork, which is in fact a script work of a single writer and film that is a collective work of a large group of people, there is a lot to be done. This period lasts sometimes several years including one of the least interesting stages like fundraising to produce this piece of work, and this is when normally the beautiful spirit and passion ends.
In this “little” friendly environment there should be written a script, which, first of all, will be understood by a group of people involved in the creation of this project as well as by end users who are i.e. audience in the cinema. You could probably reel long academic discussions about the condition of contemporary language and people’s communication but this is not the purpose of Film Spring Open. Wherever possible FSO provides technical and artistic support to young people so that they could create a script on the basis of an existing theatrical play/drama and then a film according to cinema arts. Therefore, we focus of training the craft of scriptwriting and foremost filmmaking.
The fundamental of Film Spring Open is teamwork. How to use this model in the case of adaptation?
The film is generally teamwork. We hope that projects made in the Group of Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles will be created in groups which will decide internally who is responsible for what. According to the main rule of FSO we do not impose anything to workshop participants, our job is to help and support, not to manage them.
Can you tell how do you imagine a meeting with group participants and how is it going to be like at this year’s Film Spring Open Air?
I am not hiding that the Group of Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles requires a lot of work because of the range of scriptwriting work and film production duties. It seems to me that it could be good for participants, in the time before the Film Spring Open Air starts, to ask themselves questions which project they would like to join. The group has its online forum at http://www.filmspringopen.eu/ where you can read about participants’ projects and contact project leaders.
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask winners from 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!