Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
„Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end”! The 15th edition of Film Spring Open will be held online on 13-22 October 2020.
The pandemic has forced us to go virtual and so the jubilee 15th edition of the Film Spring Open workshops will be organised online. The circumstances actually only accelerated the implementation of technological solutions which we had been consistently developing for many years – www.filmspringopenonline.eu
And how will this “new” event look like? That’s up to you – young audiovisual artists. Together, we will show how a new vision of AV production emerges from the chaos of the pandemic. New formats, new technological solutions, and new green and economical production.
As in the previous years, during the workshops you will be able to put your experimental ideas into action, without the risk of a negative feedback. You will learn about new solutions in 19 dedicated FSO groups. Thanks to our partner PZU SA, we have announced a competition for an advertising campaign promoting a healthy lifestyle, entitled: Mind your health at any cost, for when you die, your life is lost.
Projects responding to this topic will be developed in four dedicated groups:
- Animation Group led by Tomasz Siwiński
- Commercial Film Group led by Marcin Ziębiński
- Painting Animation Group led by Daria Rzepiela and Tomasza Wełna
- YouTubers Group led by Marcin Randall Nowakowski
Jagoda Szelc will for the second time host the Film Scriptwriting Group, whose members have been selected based on the submitted film treatments. Thanks to the support of PZU Foundation, we invite you to participate in the New Green Model Production Group, which will be assisted by the prominent film producer Ewa Puszczyńska and by Sławomir Idziak. The Internet Creators Group will be led by the famous blogger Konrad Kruczkowski.
Young filmmakers are also invited to work in the groups focused on the work with equipment and software solutions:
– Arri Crime Movies Group has its second edition this year; during the last FSO it was extremely popular among the participants. Paweł Dyllus, a brilliant cinematographer, will act again as the group leader.
– Canon Documentary Group will be supervised by two film directors, Eliza Kubarska and Paweł Łoziński, and Robert Woźniak from Canon Poland will be the group’s adviser on issues related to technology and equipment.
– Sony, Shooting in Rough Conditions Group will be led by two young cinematographers, Beata Rakoczy and Adam Szulc, who are former FSO participants. We highly recommend joining this group if you want to hear about their experiences while shooting the recent Netflix series The Woods.
Konrad Ziaja will take us into the world of new 360 technologies in the Virtual and Augmented Reality Group. The CGI and Modern Editing Group will be hosted by Jacek Skrobisz, an experienced VFX supervisor, who has worked on thousands of commercials and dozens of feature films and series.
The group for Projects Shot in the Virtual Set deserves special mention: under the supervision of Daniel Zduńczyk, participants will be able to create their projects in a specially designed digital film set of a hospital. Thanks to this technological solution, we can shoot a film online – welcome to the future!
The Music Videos Group will be working on Natasza Urbańska’s song Yugo. The mentor for this group’s projects, Olga Czyżykiewicz, has directed music videos for renowned Polish artists, including Natalia Kukulska, Kayah, Marysia Sadowska, Doda, Margaret and Sylwia Grzeszczak.
The Nature Film Group will get support from Krzysztof Kubik, awarded in this field with two BAFTA New Talent Awards.
Supervised by Florent Pallares, the Interactive Narration Group this year will develop an international project called Super Tramp, with participants from Mexico, France, Poland and other countries.
The Film Music Group will be an open platform for music composers and all AV creators who enrich their projects with a sound layer. The group will be supported by Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska, a journalist, presenter and lecturer, and Michał Woźniak, a film composer.
Agata Nawrocka will be the leader for the NUKE – the Art of VFX Group, whose participants will have the chance to win a prize founded by the Foundry, producer of the NUKE software. The author of the best project will win a yearly subscription!
If our planet could think, it would surely get rid of us – and if we do not want this to happen, we have to change our approach to film production. Just one feature film contributes to emission of about 73 tons of CO2 into the environment, which is as much as ten family houses in a year! That is why a new, sustainable and green model of film production will be the leading topic for our lectures.
Green Film Open – the second edition of the discussion panel devoted to ecological filmmaking
The event will be held in cooperation with the Krakow Festival Office. The speakers include Jagoda Szelc, Monika Gławacka (Łódź Film Commission), Sławomir Idziak, Florent Faget and Vincent Theven of French Solar Engineers, and Tomasz Wełna.
Ewa Puszczyńska, producer of Ida and Cold War, will also talk about new production solutions, nudging the newcomers in the right directions and encouraging them to adapt to new, sustainable work conditions of filmmaking.
We will listen to a conversation between a son and a father: Mikołaj Pokromski (producer) and our special guest, Waldemar Pokromski, a renowned make-up artists for films by Steven Spielberg, Terrence Malick, Michael Haneke, Andrzej Wajda and Krzysztof Zanussi.
Piotr Dumała will talk about his work as a film director and great creator of animated and experimental films,
Peter Eszenyi, a VFX supervisor, will introduce us to his works created with the help of the Cinema4D software
We will listen to Łukasz Kośmicki, creator of The Coldest Game, as he reminisces about his journey from a cinematographer, to a screen writer and, finally, a film director. Together with the film director Magnus von Horn, we will discuss the meaning of a cat and a dog in a film. Mangus will share his experience of working on Sweat.
We also invite you to a meeting with Paweł Łoziński, a documentary film director.
We will also discuss the subject of mountaineering documentaries with Eliza Kubarska, a film director and producer.
Paweł Dyllus, DoP, will tell us about his struggles on the film set and his idea of the golden rule for creating without losing yourself and going crazy.
Piotr Szczepanowicz, a creator and producer of animated films, will share his experience of gained in many productions, including Kill It And Leave This Town directed by Mariusz Wilczyński.
We will get the chance to immerse into the imaginary world of SFX creators, Wanda Kędzierzawska and Marcin Kędzierzawski.
The amazing MB12 MiniBird VertiCrane, with special vertical movement capabilities, will have its premiere at this year’s FSO. Max Pawlikowski of Cinelight will show us some new possibilities of cinematic lighting.
Paweł Flis will talk about his experiences as the director of photography on the set of Netflix’s The Woods.
Jacek Santorski will hold a lecture about psychology of the creative process in the difficult times of a pandemic.
We will be able to test the abilities of the Sony Venice dual ISO camera during a workshop devoted to shooting in rough conditions, led by Adam Suzin, cameraman for The Woods. Mateusz Kuźniak, a master of cinematic lighting, will teach us about his techniques.
What music can do for a film? Magda Miśka-Jackowska and Michał Woźniak will introduce us to different levels of a film puzzle.
We will also hear from Marcin Ziębiński, a director of advertising and feature films, who will talk about the world of TV series.
Kuba Sobek will discuss his work with CGI and production of commercials, games and cinematic trailers. Konrad Ziaja will invite us to the VR world.
Thanks to Creativetools.pl, a three-day workshop in colour correction is planned with an experienced colourist, Piotr Sterczewski.
The Krakow-based company Egomedia will show its virtual studio and invite us to create commercial spots in a virtual environment.
Adam Strzelecki and Maciej Janicki will teach us how to create stock photos.
We will also present our Prototype Innovative Mobile Virtual Film Studio, an economical solution for a virtual studio based on rear projection. The project has been co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage from the Culture Promotion Funds, obtained from subsidies in games covered by the state monopoly in accordance with Art. 80 (1) of the Gambling Act of 19 November 2009.
Flash Mob Part 2
Join us and have some fun! Last year we had a lot of fun in Przegorzały, filming to the rhythm of Ravel’s music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKDGadjnJvw. This year we invite you to send your best shots and relations of your online participation in the FSO. Maybe you will be able to shoot in the hospital that we created for the virtual film set? Each room may serve as a set for a different plot: www.virtualmagic.com.pl/VR_SZPITAL_FSO_V1.3.zip. The current situation will surely be an inspiration.
After the FSO we will combine your footage into a joint film project.
In the evenings we will hear two bands, Babsztyl and Remek O, who will play in a virtual set. A special guest, Grzech Piotrowski, will visit us to talk about how to create together in the times of a pandemic.
Film Spring Café
You are invited to visit our internet café, where you will be able to meet other participants and table hosts, our social butterflies. As every year, Marty Demmer will attend the FSO for long hours of discussions about VR. Andrzej “Stasiu” Szypulski has decided to turn these meetings into a documentary. Another guest, Daniel Mayo Kucharski, is an expert in the area of advertising and YouTube.
We can already guarantee that this year’s FSO will be an exciting, albeit different, virtual event. We will show the most interesting activities live in our broadcast window, as well as the entire backstage process. We can’t wait to see you!
Check the Prototype of Innovative Mobile Virtual Film Studio
- Make independent cinema with Wiktor Obrok!
- Konrad Kruczkowski will mentor the Youtubers Group
- Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska will be a tutor of the New Green Model Production Group!
- The 16th edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop is starting in less than a week!
- ARRI Crime Movies Group with Sławomir Idziak and Martn Demmer!
- Artur Homan and the Nature Films Group!
- Konrad Aksinowicz will supervise Music Videos Group!
- From participant to mentor. Maciej Kunach will supervise the Video Games Group!
- NUKE the Art of Visual Effects with Agata Nawrocka!
- The Commercial Film Group with Jan Cieślar as a mentor!
- Marcin Koszałka will supervise the Sony Venice Group!
- Tomasz Siwiński and Animation Group at Film Spring Open!
- Film Spring Open: The Wawel Hackathon
- Canon Documentary Film Group mentor will be Oscar-nominated director Hanna Polak!
- Join Virtual & Augmented Reality Group led by Konrad Ziaja and Martn Demmer!
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group 2021!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!