The 16th edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop is starting in less than a week!
For the 16th time we invite all audiovisual authors to participate in the Film Spring Open Workshop, which will take place between October 12 and 21, 2021. Here is our programme.
The heart of the festival are thematic groups led by renowned artists and technicians.
- Film Scriptwriting Group
It will be mentored by Jagoda Szelc, screenwriter and director honoured with the Golden Lions for her debut “Tower. A Bright Day”. The author will answer the nagging question: “Where to start?”.
- Sony Venice Group
Marcin Koszałka, a recognized and award-winning cinematographer and director, will be the guide to feature cinema. The filmmaker will use the short story “Bloody Lolo” by Łukasz Orbitowski and will invite participants to shoot a complete short film based on it.
- Canon Documentary Group
The group will be looked after by Hanna Polak, a well-known documentary filmmaker and charity activist, nominated for an Oscar for the film “The Children of Leningradsky”. The author will talk about her own approach to creative storytelling and reveal a recipe for valuable cinema vérité.
- Animation Group
It will be supervised by Tomasz Siwiński, author of “A Blue Room” awarded with the Silver Hobby-Horse at the Krakow Film Festival. The director invites you to create short opening sequence on the greatest challenges of today.
- Commercial Film Group
We entrust marketing enthusiasts to Jan Cieślar, a multiple winner of the most important advertising festivals. He will talk, among others, on post-advertising, the economy of attention and the constant discovery of new media.
- Music Videos Group
It will be headed by Konrad Aksinowicz, director of “Return to Legoland” and author of music videos for artists such as Brodka, Margaret and Doda. Participants will learn, among other things, how to avoid falling into (re)creative clichés.
- Virtual & Augmented Reality Group
Its members will be guided by the regulars of the Film Spring Open Workshop, Konrad Ziaja and Martn Demmer.Konrad will talk about his experiences in the implementation of AR content based on the production of the CinematicVR start-up.Martn, in turn, will introduce you to the secrets of volumetric film and photogrammetry for VR/AR storytelling.
- Computer Games Group
It will be led by Maciej Kunach from the Bloober Team. Maciej, who is a former student of the Workshop will deal with the subject of film qualities of video games, guiding participants through the entire process of creating them.
- Nature Films Group
It will be run by Artur Homan, a filmmaker, forester and photographer, a man who infects everyone with positive energy. During the workshops, participants will observe and film the animals, as well as edit previously shot materials.
- NUKE the Art of Visual Effects Group
Agata Nawrocka, for whom the world of visual effects has no secrets, will be a mentor. nawROCKa will prepare the participants to work as a Motion Designer / Compositing Artist.
- Interactive Narration Group
Florent Pallares, co-founder of the Red Eyes Cool film group, will be a supervisor again. Participants will be able to join ongoing international interactive projects.
- ARRI Crime Movies Group
It will be mentored by Sławomir Idziak, a world-renowned cinematographer and initiator of the Workshop, together with Martn Demmer. They want to shoot the scene with the participants, testing modern solutions for the genre film.
- Youtubers Group
Participants will find out that all you need to make a movie is an idea and a mobile phone. The mentor, Konrad Kruczkowski, will teach them not only how to create video materials for the Internet, but also how to promote them in social media.
- New Green Model Production Group
Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska will also guide her students through the meanders of film marketing advising participants to plan it from the beginning of production. Being aware that promotion is essential for young filmmakers, the mentor will encourage the participants to show their presence at the Workshop in an intriguing way.
- OFFmaster Group
Under the supervision of Wiktor Obrok, the members of the Group will undergo intensive training in directing and cinematography. They will learn how to create a professional movie in the independent cinema system.
During the Film Spring Open Workshop, there will also be:
- “A pact with yourself and the world – a remedy for challenging times” – dr Jacek Santorski
- “Artificial intelligence development perspectives” – prof. Aleksandra Przegalińska, Kozminski University
- “Financing film production: established paths and new solutions” – Stanisław Zaborowski
- “How to start and succeed as a producer” – Aneta Hickinbotham
- “Methodologies of working on a film script” – Jagoda Szelc
- “VFX & Motion Graphics with After Effects and Cinema 4D” – Robert Hranitzky
- “Where to get music for my film? About ways of musical illustration for little or very little money” – Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska
Meetings accompanying film screenings:
- Meeting with Dominika Trybulec and Kacper Świtalski, young authors of “Lila”, a film shot with a smartphone, a winner in the Film Your Story competition
- Meeting with Hanna Polak and screening of “Something Better to Come”
- Meeting with Konrad Aksionowicz and screening of the film “Return do Legoland”
- Meeting with Mateusz Rakowicz and screening of the Polish box office hit, “Najmro. Loves, steals, respects”
- Meeting with Rafał Kapeliński (director) and Marcin Koszałka (DOP) and screening of “A Woman at Night”
- Meeting with the famous animation artist Mariusz Wilczyński and screening of the film ” Kill It and Leave This Town” awarded with Golden Lions in Gdynia
- Meeting with the outstanding documentary filmmaker Paweł Łoziński and screening of his “The Balcony Movie” awarded with the Grand Prix in Locarno
- Meeting with Tomasz Habowski and screening of the film “Songs about love” awarded in Gdynia
- Meeting with Tomasz Siwiński and screening of “Love in times of coal economy”
- Sound workshops
- Workshops with a small MovieBird MB 12 Vertical crane and an Elit head
- Make-up workshops with Marian Folga
- Animation Cinema 4D workshop with Robert Hranitzky
3. edition of Green Film Open Panel
Online discussion panel: representatives of the “Green Screen” project – Tim Wagendorp (Flanders Audiovisual Fund – Belgium), Zuzana Bieliková (Slovak Film Commission – Slovak), Luz Molina (Promálaga – Spain) and Niels Maier Maier Bros GmbH, Stanislaw Zaborowski (producer), dir. Florent Pallares, Sławomir Idziak.
We invite you all!
We kindly remind you that you can register to Film Spring Open Workshop.
For 16 years, we have been stimulating the industry’s future using new trends, formats and talents. We work with over 60 leading companies and corporations that provide modern computer equipment and applications worth EUR 3.5 million.
We invite you behind the scenes of previous editions:
We would also like to remind you about this year’s Film Spring Open’s and the Wawel Royal Castle’s initiative – the Wawel Hackathon!
- 32 movies in 10 days!
- “Secrets of Wawel” win Hackathon!
- We are extending the Film Spring Open Workshop!
- Make independent cinema with Wiktor Obrok!
- Konrad Kruczkowski will mentor the Youtubers Group
- Magdalena Miśka-Jackowska will be a tutor of the New Green Model Production Group!
- The 16th edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop is starting in less than a week!
- ARRI Crime Movies Group with Sławomir Idziak and Martn Demmer!
- Artur Homan and the Nature Films Group!
- Konrad Aksinowicz will supervise Music Videos Group!
- From participant to mentor. Maciej Kunach will supervise the Video Games Group!
- NUKE the Art of Visual Effects with Agata Nawrocka!
- The Commercial Film Group with Jan Cieślar as a mentor!
- Marcin Koszałka will supervise the Sony Venice Group!
- Tomasz Siwiński and Animation Group at Film Spring Open!
- Film Spring Open: The Wawel Hackathon
- Canon Documentary Film Group mentor will be Oscar-nominated director Hanna Polak!
- Join Virtual & Augmented Reality Group led by Konrad Ziaja and Martn Demmer!
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group 2021!
- Congratulations to winners of PZU Competition!
- Join CGI and modern editing group!
- Join VFX Group and win Nuke license!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open 2020
- Director Olga Czyżykiewicz will lead Music Videos Group
- Konrad Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality Group
- Join Film Music Group
- Adam Suzin and Beata Rakoczy will lead Group Sony Shooting in Rough Conditions
- Bloger Konrad Kruczkowski will lead Internet Creators Group
- Pawel Dyllus will lead Arri Crime Movies Group
- Slawomir Idziak will lead New Green Production Model Group
- Florent Pallares will lead Interactive Narration Group
- Canon Documentary Films Group
- Filming on a virtual set group
- We invite you to join Nature Films Group
- Contest for a PZU SA preventive campaign
- Jagoda Szelc will lead scriptwriting group at Film Spring Open 2020 online edition
- Film Spring Open – Lab of the audiovisual future. Welcome to the 2020 Film Spring Open Workshop!
- The Kissinger Twins will lead a masterclass at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join the Video Games Group with Bloober Team!
- We invite to join Sony Xperia Youtubers Group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Andrey Zvyagintsev (“Leviathan”, “Loveless”) will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Learn about ecology and come to Green Film Open discussion panel at Film Spring Open 2019
- Artur Reinhart will lead the Nikon Movie Close-up group
- Sophia Kyriacou will be a guest at Film Spring Open 2019
- Wanda i Marcin Kędzierzawscy will lead the SFX and special effects make-up group
- Paweł Dyllus will lead the Arri Group – crime movies now and in the future
- Gabriel Ziaja will lead Virtual Reality HP Group this year!
- Check the program of Film Spring Open Workshop 2019!
- Kuba Sobek will lead CGI and modern editing group
- Music video contest: win one of a three workshop scholarships!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask the winners of 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!