Thank you for a great 2017!
As this year is about to end, we would like to thank all our Technology, Organizational and Media Partners, institutions and cities supporting us throughout the year, our great tutors, specialists and artists cooperating with us and last but not least, young filmmakers attending our numerous events in 2017.
This year, the Foundation carried out several audiovisual courses with the use of the Cinebus – a tool of New Production Model – which enabled young participants to learn hands-on how to produce an audiovisual piece from script writing to post-production and distribution.
We were providing courses at Warsaw University in March and in Łódź Film School in May. In September we carried out an audiovisual course: “Opole Citizens’ Self-portrait”/“Opolan Portret Własny” co-financed by the City of Opole and co-organized by the Art Institute of the University of Opole. In November, together with Foundation Rozruch (Black Dwarf/Czarny Karzeł) and Moderator Inwestycje Ltd. we organized film workshop: “Bydgoszcz Citizens Self-portrait”/“Mieszkańców Bydgoszczy Portret Własny czyli „Czego nie widać…”, which took place both in the Cinebus and in the Pomorzanin Cinema and was co-financed by the City of Bydgoszcz. Also, we organized another audiovisual course co-financed by Malopolska Region during our annual Film Spring Workshop.
The 12th edition of Film Spring Workshop took place from the 19th till the 28th of October 2017 in Krakow. The event gathered exceptional number of young filmmakers from across the world e.g. Poland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Romania, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania and Russia.
For 10 days film and new media professionals, students and debutants attended workshops and lectures from award-winning top specialists, participated in screenings and meetings with film directors, learnt new technologies, tested hands-on the newest equipment and most of all, made their films using the best film equipment available on the market. The special guest of this edition was Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner, who talked about making special effects for “Gravity”.
Film Spring Workshop’s tutors and lecturers this year were, among others: Krzysztof Rak, Robert Bolesto, Dorota Kędzierzawska, Artur Reinhart, Jakub Ben, Magdalena Kamińska (producer at Balapolis), Matthijas Zabiegły (Aixsponza), Filip Kovcin (FilmPro), Marcin Koszałka, Wojciech Staroń, Daniel Rusin (Reżyser Życia), Aleksandra Leszczyńska i James Mullighan, Stanisław Mąderek, Konrad Kruczkowski (blog Haloziemia), Kuba Górnicki, Programme Director of TVN Edward Miszczak, Dorota Kośmicka – Gacke (producer at TVN), Piotr Ługowski, Dawid Ogrodnik, Michał Pańszczyk, Bogdan Dziworski, Jagoda Szelc, Piotr Domalewski, Bodo Kox.
Filmspringers worked individually or in Creative Groups: Script Group, New Production Model, Previs Group, Commercial and Promo Film Group, Interactive Narration Group, Virtual Reality Group, Documentary Film Group, CGI and Modern Editing Group, Samsung Vloggers, Off Master, Nature Film Group, Keeping Control in Extreme Filming Conditions, Film Incubator.
Altogether, we hosted over 350 participants and film experts from Poland and abroad. During the Film Spring Workshop there was the New Production Model Symposium under the honorary patronage of the Polish Society of Cinematographers which gathered film equipment producers and distributors, producers and media. This year we had a record number of Technology Partners who delivered equipment worth over 1,6 million Euro.
Film Spring Workshop 2017 is co-financed by Creative Europe MEDIA Sub-programme, audiovisual training, The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Polish Film Institute, The City of Krakow and Małopolska Region.
Co-organizer: Krakow Festival Office, Krakow Film Commission.
Partners: Polish Filmmakers Association, The Noble Box (Szlachetna Paczka), Allegro, Krakow Film Cluster, Lexus, Legal Culture (Legalna Kultura), The Polish Society of Cinematographers.
Technology Partners: Arri, Angenieux, Barco, JBD, HP, Canon, Sony, Samsung, LuksFilm, 4Vision, Akurat Lighting, Blackmagic, Cyfrowa Republika, Panasonic, Hawlett Packard Enterprise, Maxon, IT Serwis, Cinerental, GLC, Eizo, Movie Bird, Graficzne.pl, InventCore, Krakowski Park Technologiczny, GoPro, Rehard, Box Electronics, Beiks, Neil Corbould Special Effects, Gmotion, Qbig, MBS, Kingston, Uav Robotics, CamSat, Technologia Filmowa, Benro, Samyang, Creative Tools (Red Authorized Dealer), Adicam, Mad Tree, Roland, VR Games, Bemix Media Group, Clico.
Organizational Partners: Makonline, TVN
Media Partners: sfp.org.pl, FilmPro, Dziennik Polski
Happy New Year to everyone!
- Michał Sobociński will lead the Sony Venice Group
- Agata Nawrocka will lead Nuke The Art of Visual Effects Group
- Wojciech Staroń will lead Canon Documentary Film Group
- Why is it worth to join the contest? We ask winners from 2017 edition
- The Interactive Narration Group will continue the project during Film Spring Open 2019
- Film Summer Masterclass in Görlitz
- Sławomir Idziak will lead the Actors Previs Group this year
- Competition for a PZU SA Preventive Campaign: fifteen scholarships to win!
- Dorota Kędzierzawska will lead Family and Children’s Film Group
- Jagoda Szelc will lead screenwriting group at Film Spring Open 2019
- Join us at the audiovisual workshop Film Spring Open 2019!
- Jagoda Szelc at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Visual Dramaturgy. Sławomir Idziak at the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- „You cannot make better fire than the real fire” – Neil Corbould – the special guest of the Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Tough way to debut. An Oscar winner, Ewa Puszczyńska – the special guest of Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- Character and Cartoon Animation in CINEMA 4D: 3 Case Studies – Fabian Rosenkranz at Film Spring Open Workshop 2018
- The 13. edition of the Film Spring Open Workshop has come to an end. Thank you!
- Neil Corbould, a two-time Oscar winner arrived to teach special effects in low-budget filmmaking and Ewa Puszczyńska, an Oscar winner for Ida gave a lecture on film debut – the third day of the Film Spring Workshop behind us.
- Make an animated music video for Siles, Zuza Jabłońska or Laboratorium.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop.The Lost Town of Świteź (dir. Kamil Polak)
- The latest technologies, talking Virtual Hologram and mind-tripping experiences in VR – our Special Guests: James E. Marks & Chris Szkoda from DoubleMe (London)
- Having a good head for filmmaking – about the mental training in the profession.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. Dawn and Short Film About Life
- LG YouTubers group. Be smart, use your smartphone to make a film.
- Screenings at the Film Spring Workshop. 7 FEELINGS/ 7 UCZUĆ.
- Framework programme of the Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Canon – Nature Films Group
- Make a music video for Tymon Tymański & MU and win the scholarship at our workshop
- Get a scholarship and join our brand new group! Open call for the sports film group.
- Interactive narration group. Only you
- Meeting with an Artist – Jagoda Szelc
- The Film Summer Masterclass has come to an end but this is just the beginning of great friendships and collaborations.
- From an idea to a story- from a line to a film. Painting animation group
- Make yourself a movie poster. A film graphics group
- Laila Pakalnina to tutor the documentary group at Film Spring Workshop.
- Tools and means of transport in the new model of film production.
- Fantastic worlds of UNIT9
- Crossing the borders. Summer Masterclass
- Borys Lankosz will teach screenwriting at the Film Spring Workshop.
- Augmented reality cinematic experience group
- The second team – how to speed work without losing in quality control.
- OPEN CALL for Film Spring Workshop 2018
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be? cont.
- Film professions. How is it and how could it be?
- Previs – New Workflow.
- Slawomir Idziak will hold a Visual Dramaturgy Workshop with introduction to New Model of Film Production in Bratislava.
- Filmmakers and artists at the Zakopane Festival of Films about Art. Promotion of the New Model of Film Production.
- New Production Model. Part 4. All about Previs
- New Production Model. Part 3. Chaos, or how the cinematography is done in the film
- Sławomir Idziak with the award for lifetime achievement. Cinebus at the PSC award ceremony.
- New Model of Film Production. Part 2. New is born from the death of the old
- The New Model of Film Production. Introduction.
- What you should know before coming to the Film Spring Workshop 2017
- The Summary of the Film Spring Workshop Programme 2017
- Internet stars at Film Spring Workshop.
- The battles, shootings, car chases, explosions – we shoot action scenes
- Revolution in Motion Capture accessible to anyone
- Allegro at the Film Spring Workshop – film project contest
- Make your own video game!
- Boost your technical filmmaking knowledge at Film Spring Workshop
- “Race cars, space jumps and explosions – putting every boy’s dreams into 3D graphics”. A presentation and workshop by Matthias Zabiegly, Aixsponza.
- Interactive Narration Group 2017 is waiting for you!
- Film Spring Open 2016 Daily Schedule
- Juliette Binoche at Film Spring Open-Air
- Neurobiology of creativity. For love of the Brain
- Previs Group is waiting for you!
- Audiovisual Workshop „Spirit Possession or Confession” through the prism of the work of the French anthropologist and historian Michel de Certeau.
- Open Call to Commercials Group at Film Spring Open-Air
- Equipment at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Only at FSO! Re-creating workflow of Natalie Portman’s directorial debut “A Tale of Love and Darkness”
- Sławomir Idziak workshops at FSO "The Triple Life of Veronique”
- Actors at Film Spring Open Air 2014
- Graphic of Film Spring Open Air 2014!
- Equipment at FSO – information from technical team
- Recruitment results – Filmspringers 2014
- CHIMNEY POLAND supports Film Adaptations of Theatrical Spectacles Group!
- Music Videos Group KAYAX at Film Spring Open Air!
- Join Interactive Dramaturgy Group!
- Polish Society of Cinematographers offers scholarships for Film Spring Open Air!
- Commercial Advertisement LOTTO Group at Film Spring Open Air!
- 105 000 PLN for scripts associated with Małopolska – Call for VII edition of the Competition “Three Crowns – Małopolska Film Award”!
- Invitation from Young Artists Set of the Union of Artists of Polish Scenes
- FilmSpringers’ "Your Place" now on VOFF
- Film Spring Open Air nominated for the Polish Film Institute Award!