REGULATIONS OF FILM SPRING OPEN WORKSHOP 2017, KRAKOW, POLAND
I. Open-Air for filmmakers
1. Film Spring Open-Air (herein referred to as „Open-Air”) is organised by Film Spring Open Foundation (herein referred to as „Organiser”).
2. It has been 12 years since Open-Air provides interdisciplinary and interactive workshops focussed on the future of the audiovisual industry. In times of dynamic technological changes the aim is to provide the necessary continuous training and improve acquired artistic and technical skills among students and graduates of film schools as well as professionals and emerging talented filmmakers.
3. Open-Air is open for all individuals that represent one of the professions needed in film production (i.e. producers, directors, cinematographers, set designers, script writers, actors, composers, sound artists, editors, VFX, SFX, as well as programmers).
4. Open-Air program includes:
• Discussion panels about the future-oriented model of fiction film production,
• Lectures about new possibilities to finance films in Europe,
• Workshops on new technologies including presentations and tests of newest tools for production and postproduction,
• Cooperation of creative groups and a continuation of “Interactivity” project searching for a new format of a film show (creative groups of i.e. producers, directors, cinematographers, set designers, script writers, actors, composers, sound artists, editors, VFX, SFX, as well as programmers),
• Workshops on digital postproduction including presentations and lectures,
• Meeting with outstanding filmmakers to analyse production of their recent films,
• Presentations of newest tools working on the set,
• Making Previs and its consultations with experienced filmmakers, in particular cooperation of creative groups making short films, also music videos on the basis of Previs,
• Documentary workshops (documentary film in new media).
5. During Open-Air participants will have the possibility to learn theory, acquire practical skills and consult their future projects.
6. Open-Air is carried by experienced team of professionals in audiovisual industry.
1. Participation in Open-Air is paid. Payment is made through the online service PayPal after a confirmation send by the Organisers.
2. Open-Air is planned for approximately 300 participants and only for adults.
3. The main condition to participate in Open-Air is to register online through the link filmspringopen.eu and to update user’s profile with current information about participant’s work in audiovisual industry (registrantion open from 21rd June 2017)
4. The registration is open for both individual filmmakers and dedicated groups. Organised groups are requested to send additional information by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Organiser will confirm the registration within 7 days after closing the registration
6. The confirmation will be send by e-mail with a link to online payment and information about reservations of accommodation and meals.
7. Final confirmation is made after the payment.
1. Open-Air will take place between 19-28 of October 2017 in Krakow, Poland in Dom Gościnny UJ „Przegorzały”, Ul. Jodłowa 13.
2. Open-Air schedule (detailed program) will be available on the portal just before the start of the Open-Air.
IV. Rights and Obligations of Participants and Organisers
1. Organisers provide tuition and access to film equipment and software necessary to shoot and/or record sound, editing and postproduction of participants’ projects.
2. Organiser does not cover accommodation, meals or other individual expenses of participants.
3. Organiser does not bear any kind of liability for a loss, expense or destruction of participant’s property.
4. Organiser has a right to change the date of Open-Air and its program, which will be announced through the portal and by e-mail.
5. Participants are liable for losses caused by their negligence.
6. Organiser does not provide insurance for participants and does not bear any kind of liability for this.
7. Participants are obliged to obey safety rules on the shooting plan. Taking this into consideration the Organiser has a right to interfere in activities that are dangerous for participant’s health, in particular to prohibit or ask participants to refrain from similar actions.
8. Participants grant to the Organiser non-exclusive, free of charge, unlimited (in terms of time and territory) license for the use of audiovisual materials made during Open-Air for promotion of current or future activities of Organiser in the following ways:
• In the scope of using it on the web and through Internet,
• In the scope of broadcasting in Television and other events organised by the Organiser,
• In the scope of copying and sending whole materials or its parts thereof (by any technique) to the unlimited number of users,
• In the scope of using whole materials or parts thereof for the purpose of promotional activities of next editions of the Open-Air and other activities of the Organiser.
9. Participant agrees to put Film Spring Open logo at the end of the film made during Film Spring Open. Download logo here
10. Participant agrees to process its personal data, in accordance with the Polish Act of August 29th 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws of 2002, No.101, item 926 with later changes), required to conduct the Open-Air and appropriate cooperation with the Organiser.
11. Participant agrees to free of charge dissemination of his image in all fields of use, in particular specified in art. 50 and 86 unit 1 point 2 of the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights.
12. Open-Air participants are obliged to be acquainted with and obey the regulations. Participants accept the regulations by registering online for Open-Air.
13. In the case of violating the regulations participants will be asked to leave Open-Air.